Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Redux

Thanksgiving was pretty fun this year. We celebrated with my husband's grandparents (both sides) and ate A LOT. I realized Wednesday night that the Monday before Thanksgiving was a bad time to start a diet.

Anyway, while there was a lot of eating, there was not a lot (thank goodness) of baby guilt trips. Only one. And when I got it, I almost smacked myself in the head because I am such a dork.

You see, we wanted to celebrate with Aaron's entire family this year, so we called his Grandma who typically hosts Thanksgiving and asked if we could come. Then we asked if his parents and his mom's mother could come too. Of course she said yes.

And then she got excited.

Since we wanted the whole family to be together, we must have an announcement, right?

Oops.

I feel bad for having caused so much disappointment so unintentionally. I now know what not to do in the future.

This of course led to Aaron and I talking about babies for the rest of the weekend, but that's an entry for another day.

Also, there were new things this year that I had never tried before and loved (collard greens and sweet potato pie) and many, many old favorites (corn custard, cranberry sauce, and cheesy potato casserole). Unfortunately the dessert I was planning on taking (a turtle tart) didn't work out. I was really looking forward to it, but again, am an idiot, and mis-measured and ruined the crust. We had more than enough food anyway, so it wasn't really missed by anyone but Aaron and I who were looking forward to it.

Oh, on a completely different subject, I want to send a quick "Yay!" out to my brother (who has no idea I even have this site and therefore does not read it, but I'm excited so I'm going to share). He and his fiance set a date and are getting married in June and I'm very excited for them. It totally works out too because Aaron and I were planning a trip to visit them in June anyway (they live fairly far away and we don't get to see them often). Should be a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home