Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm Done and I'm onto the Next One

Well, since I got that out of my system, I'm ready to move on. I'm over it. (Although, I can tell you this much - I am so not watching Oprah today. We are not back on watching-terms yet.)

Anyway, there is a message board that I frequently visit, well mostly lurk on, that has got me thinking about married life. Specifically how happy I am with my marriage. Also, how disfunctional some relationships can be.

My husband is a great man (especially in my opinion). He's more than just a husband, he's my best friend, and was long before we got married. We can talk about anything and I can completely be myself around him. I can be in myself in my full dorkitude and he still stays around.

He may laugh at me, but he still stays around.

This makes me especially happy when I read about women on the message board who feel like they can't talk to their husband about something that's bothering them. The only time I don't talk to Aaron about something that is bothering me is when I know I'm going to cry if I say something. Me crying makes him uncomfortable and defensive and so I wait until I'm calm so that I can have a more effective conversation with him.

Not that I don't have times when I'm upset and just have to get it out and cry at him and confuse the hell out of him. It's confusing for two reasons - one, because I can't speak in complete sentences if I'm crying hard, and two, because he doesn't get why I cry about the things I do sometimes.

(Like the time I cried about sharing Cheetos, which is a totally different story for a different time).

The other thing (not that there are only two things that I absolutely love and appreciate about him - there are far too many to list) that I'm thankful for is that he helps out around the house.

Wait, scratch that, I help him around the house.

He does dishes, vacuums, dusts, makes the bed, does his own laundry, et cetera, ad nauseum. One woman on said message board was thinking about leaving her husband because he was such a slob and she couldn't deal with it any more. I'm sure there were other issues, but it must really be bad if she's using that one as the excuse to leave him. I would never have to leave Aaron because of his slobishness. (Is that even a word?)

He simply is no where near a slob. In fact he's the exact opposite: He's a neat freak, and I love him for that.

I'm so thankful for him, that I tell him how lucky I am to have landed someone as awesome as he is on a daily basis.

Or I pants him in the kitchen while the shades are open, simply because I can. And he's okay with that.

(Sorry if I made anyone vomit with the lovey-dovey crap. We got engaged about two years ago sometime this week, and I'm feeling nostalgic and sappy).

Oh, yeah. And HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

1 Comments:

At 1/28/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger karla said...

I want to hear the Cheetos story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home