Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bedtime Conversations

As we were lying in bed, getting ready to sleep last night, I looked lovingly over at my husband and whispered, "I love you".

And he looked back at me and whispered, "And I love you".

Then I looked over at him and whispered, "I think you're swell."

And he glanced at me with a strange look on his face.

"You think I smell?"

And then I laughed and said "No, I think you're swell"

He thought that was better.

We lay there a little while longer and my nose tickled, so I sniffled a couple of times.

He said, "No, really, do I smell? Why would you say that I smell. I don't smell!"

And I laughed again. It's the moments like this that make life really worth living sometimes.

4 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it, sister!

 
At 2/15/2006 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet! It is the simmple things! :)

 
At 2/16/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Husbands are silly!

(I don't think either of you smell!)

 
At 2/16/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Husbands are silly!

(I don't think either of you smell!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home