Monday, March 20, 2006

Shocked! But pleasantly.

I know I have mentioned before how much I love to read. I've been reading pretty voraciously lately, taking in about a book a week (which is better than recent history, but much less than ancient history). And as much as I love a good book? Aaron is not enthused. He reads, of course, especially things like Car & Driver, PC World, and other various magazines. He also reads a lot online when doing research on whatever our next purchase is.

So imagine my surprise today, when I walked in the door during my lunch break, and I saw my darling husband, who is home sick from work, reading *gasp* a BOOK. And not just any book - The DaVinci Code. So, a long book (well, long for him at least). He said he wanted to read it to see what the hype was about (since it has been in the news so much recently) and to get ready for the movie (which means he will go with me to see it - YAY!).

Now, I normally try to be sneaky, commenting on how great a book is and how much he would just love the story, or "hmmm..."ing a lot while reading so that he gets interested in what I'm reading. But this was all on his own, no goading from me.

I'm so proud.

2 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 11:07 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

yay!

:) sizzle

 
At 3/21/2006 1:57 AM, Blogger vasilisa said...

Congrats! I know your plight. I leave books all around the house, with the hopes that they will be picked up and read...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home