Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just Call Me Susie Homemaker

So yesterday at work was Boring (yes, with a capital B), so when I got home last night I was feeling fairly industrious. Really, what it was is that I needed to actually do something.

So I set to work.

First, I started to finally make the pie I was supposed to make last Thursday. It takes about 4 hours total to make, so I needed to start it early. After I started the pie, I emptied the dishwasher, put away the dishes in the dish rack, and did our dishes from the night before (because we are sometimes lazy).

Then - I started our dinner for tonight. That's right. I made tonight's dinner last night. It consists of a lot of chopped up vegetables and chicken, so I chopped the vegetables, put them together with the chicken and put it all in the refrigerator with directions for Aaron to make it tonight while I'm at my new yoga class.

After I made tonight's dinner, I made last night's dinner - grilled cheese and tomato soup, nothing difficult. After dinner I did all the dishes, finished the pie, and put new sheets on our bed.

Gah! I'm exhausted just thinking about it all!

Tonight I'm tackling my closet which is a mess. I don't know why I've become so productive lately, but I'm glad I have and I know Aaron is too. Especially since he got to sit on the couch last night while I was doing all of this and he got to eat a slice of his favorite pie.

Which turned out amazing, by the way.

I wonder if this all gets me any closer to my secret dream of becoming the next Martha Stewart.

6 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say your getting closer my the minute!!! I love when I have productive nights like that .... they don't happen very often for me.

Send some of your Susie Homemake/Martha engery my way :)

 
At 4/04/2006 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodness! I'm getting tired just reading that entry!

 
At 4/04/2006 2:02 PM, Blogger JustJane said...

As long as you forego the trading scandal and hard time. :)

 
At 4/04/2006 3:58 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

you are well on your way to being martha stewart.

i need a nap just reading about all that! ;)

 
At 4/04/2006 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Only if you weaved your own sheets, lined your closet with cedar from your own yard and killed and dressed the chicken yourself :o) But, we all know she has about a gazillion people who do all that stuff for her. Poser.

 
At 4/04/2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Lena said...

You are WAY too industrious for me. I was feeling pretty smug that I did a counter sweep with my hand and tok out the garbage. But, nooooo. You just had to take it 45 steps further. Yoga? ;)

Both dinners sound yummy and perfect trade-offs for each other.

First visit to yo blog...like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home