Monday, April 10, 2006

Seriously, Why is it Monday Already

Oh my goodness this weekend was wonderful! I am so incredibly sad that it's over that I'm considering trying to work from home today just to sort of extend the weekend goodness.

I don't remember Friday night too much but I think that's because I was tired and fell asleep at about 8:30. Um, yeah. I know I'm a dork, but that was exactly what I wanted to do on Friday night, so I did it. Aaron was happy because that meant he got to play video games, which he did until about 2:00 am. So we both had a fabulous Friday night.

Saturday we were in our pajamas until about 5 o'clock. I spent the day doing laundry and Aaron cleaned the bathroom from floor to ceiling. Then we went out for dinner where I got a teensy bit drunk on an awesome Long Island. At the pub where we ate they have a two-Long-Island limit, which is meant for normal-tolerance people. I have a one-Long-Island limit there because I'm drunk after half of one. But, it does make for a fun time and interesting conversations. For some reason I always end up talking about sex at that bar. Loudly. Which often attracts the attention of people at nearby tables. Luckily this time we sat at a table off by itself so no one had to listen to my somewhat raunchy (at least to the prude that is me) conversation.

Yesterday we didn't do much outside of a hike at a park we've been wanting to check out. And by park, I don't mean swings and slides. This is a full-out nature park with hiking, biking and skiing trails, canoe rentals for the river and pond, and lots of other fun activities. We brought our friend Molly with us and went for a hike, enjoying the wonderful weather yesterday (55 and sunny - perfect for a hike). We hiked along the trail at a speedy pace for about five miles, enjoying the blue sky, the green starting to appear on the ground and in the trees, and the smell of spring in the air.

What we (and by we I mean Molly and I) didn't enjoy were the snakes. (EEK!)

I saw my first snake when cutting through the woods to another path and freaked. Aaron laughed at me but then later when there was a rustling in the bushes he jumped. It made me feel a little better about being scared of snakes. Then, when we were almost back to the car, we came upon another snake, or should I say FAMILY OF SNAKES. Double EEK! I hurried along with Molly while Aaron, along with some random woman who wanted to see what he was looking at, stopped for about five minutes to watch the snakes writhing around in a bundle. He was sad we didn't have the camera with us because he would have loved to have a picture of that.

I was not sad about that.

So, that was my weekend, and it was not nearly long enough. Although the fun (and major-league excitement) does continue tonight, but I will post more about that tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

monday really did come too soon. i feel ya.

 
At 4/10/2006 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weekends should really be three days!!

Sounds like you had a fun one!!!

 
At 4/10/2006 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really was a gorgeous weekend wasn't it? I have spring fever big time now.
bundle of snakes - that sounds slightly dirty.

 
At 4/10/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

You stayed in your pajamas ALL DAY?

Totally jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home