Monday, April 03, 2006

Time Changes Suck

Well, I'm at work suffering from the time change, meaning I'm barely awake and functioning, but pretending to be both of those things. Time changes always kill me and it will be about 3 days before I'm back on schedule.

This weekend didn't go nearly as planned, but it was very nice. Friday afternoon my friend and I planned a walk for when she got out of work. Then, on my way home from work Aaron called and asked if I'd like to head up to my parents' house for the weekend. I told him I'd check with them to see if they'd be in town, but I had already made plans. When I was almost to my apartment I saw a big lightning strike, followed by an echoing thunder clap and an immediate downpour.

So much for the walk.

So I called Molly, apologized profusely and cancelled our plans, called my parents who were in fact very excited to hear we were coming for a visit, and called Aaron back to get his packing list so that we could make it there in a reasonable time frame.

Besides yet another horrible allergy attack, it was a wonderful weekend - being spoiled by my parents and eating way too much really good food. We played our favorite game (yes, we're dorks, and proud of it) for a couple hours each day, and I got in a couple of naps while Aaron and my dad played a computer game. We also got to go to the museum where my mom works to see a couple of their exhibits that are ending soon - a motorcycle exhibit, which was pretty cool, and then they also have "Sue" the T-Rex, which was pretty impressive.

Now all I need is another nap and I'll be perfectly happy.

6 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This morning the people on The Weather Channel informed me that it takes 5 days to recover from a 1 hour time change. So, you're not alone in your suffering. Also, we have to go through 3 more days feeling like this??? Ugh.

 
At 4/03/2006 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With loving support of your family and friends I hope you can pull through. I know it will be hard and some times you feel like giving up and throwing everything away but then you got to realize, it could be worse. You're not pregnet with Tommy's love child and toting a personal scientologist around to okay your every move.

Katie

 
At 4/03/2006 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah the time change stinks...and so does that snow we are getting up here in n.mighigan! :)

 
At 4/03/2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Oh, sorry you missed your walk.

But the visit with your folks sounds nice. I've never heard of that game. Fun? Really?

Here's hoping we can all adjust to the time change SOON!

 
At 4/03/2006 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I need a nap right now.

Sounds like a good weekend, all things considered... that game looks interesting - definitely something Jeff would be into.

 
At 4/04/2006 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As hard as the time change is on me, it is even worse on the kids - I try to put them to bed at their regular time and they aren't tired yet so tonight, I had tonight I had to resort to Benadryl - yes I am that Mommy :)

Sounds like you had a good time hanging out with your parents. When my MIL was still alive we used to have some vicious Uno Attack games that usually involved many bottles of wine and on one particularly competitive game, I told her to F**k off, luckily she was a drunk as I was and laughed about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home