Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Moving On

On Sunday I made a decision to get over my moping about my gym closing and move on. I researched a couple of gyms in the area and settled on two: one – a tennis club and fitness center with a pool which is close to where I work, and two – a “mega-gym” sort of like Powerhouse or something like that which was solely dedicated to cardio and weights. Um, yeah, I totally decided on the club. And it is awesome, and I am happy.

There are many, many cool things about this new club (can you tell that I like being a member of a “club”? I don’t know why that excites me, but it does), including indoor and outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor tennis courts (except I don’t play tennis, but now? I could if I wanted to), many more cardio and weight machines than my last gym, many more types and offerings of group exercise classes, childcare (which I don’t need yet, but something that will probably be nice in the future), and most exciting of all: there’s slim to no chance of it closing any time soon. It’s been around longer than I’ve been on this earth, so I’m assuming (and this may come back to bite me in the ass, as assumptions I make usually do) that it won’t close any time soon.

(Also, apparently parentheses are my friend today.)

One other nice thing? Aaron can join if he wants. He hasn’t decided yet if he wants to or not, but my last gym was women only so he didn’t have that decision to make.

I never thought I’d be someone who was excited about a gym, or for that matter, someone that would almost literally mourn the closing of a gym because that’s a hell of an excuse not to go to the gym, but I guess I am. I’m also easily excited and could hardly sit still yesterday because I like new things, but still. It’s pretty cool. I can’t wait to go again today.

1 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, that's awesome! I work out at the Y and I love it, so I totally know how you feel. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home