Tuesday, June 13, 2006

You're Lucky It Only Took Me Ten Days

Today: The Post About My Brother's Wedding

(The title refers to how motivated I am about wedding stuff after the fact. I've been married for a year and a half and I still haven't ordered my wedding album and just picked out the pictures last month.)

Anyway, here's my brother:

He's a wee child at only 22 years old, but he fell in love long ago (well, not all that long ago, actually, but it seems like a long time ago) during his senior year of high school. That's right - he's one of those annoying people who married his high school sweetheart. Here she is:


Doesn't she look beautiful?

Well, they went way far up north for college (it's way further north than many parts of Canada, actually) and fell in love with the town they lived in. So, they decided to stay up there and get married in their favorite park overlooking Lake Superior. It was an absolutely gorgeous day (if a little chilly in the shade) and the perfect day for an outdoor wedding. Here are a few pics of the ceremony:

The entire wedding party:


The "I Dos":

The Kiss:

Ew! My little brother is kissing a girl!

So that's basically the ceremony. There are reception pictures over at Flickr (click on my Flickr badge to the right). Everything was perfectly lovely, especially the cake (although the cake at my wedding = better), and we danced the night away. It was a wonderful day and I couldn't be happier for the two of them.

Tomorrow: The Exciting thing from Friday and all about "The Tomato/Basil Project of '06"

2 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your brother! It looks like a beautiful spot to get married...and that there was great weather, too.

 
At 6/14/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

what a beautiful park! it looks like it was a perfect ceremony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home