Friday, June 16, 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different

Yesterday I was getting myself all gussied up for this weekend, because I will definitely be having my picture taken at the wedding once again and I want to look my best. So, I had appointments to get my eyebrows and hair done. The eyebrow appointment went smoothly, no different from the other hundred times I’ve gotten them done. Nothing special there. But the haircut, now there’s a tiny bit of a story that I’m expanding because I have nothing really to talk about and still no damn batteries for the camera.

At first, when I made the appointment, I was just planning on going in for a trim, but yesterday during the day I decided maybe it was time for something different. Something less the same as it has been since I was 22. Something fun, funky, even trendy. So that’s what I told my hair stylist. She said, “okay, maybe some more layers and shorter around the face, and we’ll take off a little of the length but leave it long enough so that you can still pull it back”.

“Fun” I replied. “Let’s do it”

So, she went about cutting and we were chatting about the summer, what her kids are doing, the wedding this weekend (she knows Aaron too, she used to cut his hair), and other various topics. She dried and styled my hair and turned me around to face the mirror.

“Great” I said. “Perfect!”

But I was lying.

Because it’s not something completely different. It’s the same damn haircut I got the last time. I’m thinking either she may not know how to give me a different cut (which does look good, but which is the same damn hairstyle I’ve had since I was 22) or she knows that this cut looks best on me and is refusing to do something that will look bad. I’d show you a picture, but since I don’t have any batteries in my camera, just look at the previous haircut post and the picture I posted the last time I got a haircut. Because it’s the same haircut. Gah!

4 Comments:

At 6/17/2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I'm only guessing from your photos, but I think you have an oval shaped face. Oval shaped faces look good in most any hairstyle. That's my artists opinion. But I only draw people I don't style them.

 
At 6/18/2006 11:53 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

my hairdresser wants me to come back if i am not happy with the cut she gives me- like if it is too long or the color is off. i wonder if you could go back and get it fixed?

the good news is- it looked good before so i bet it still looks great. it's just frustrating when you are all set for change and then. . . it looks the same.

 
At 6/19/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Eris said...

Ah, but you escaped without a mullet. You were lucky.

 
At 6/20/2006 8:52 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

I agree with desiree, but I was going to say flat top. I had some medical issues a while back and did not want my husband trying to do my hair for me so I cut it all off. I told my friend/stylist what I wanted and she did it. The only problem was that it looked awful! I was medicated and just didn't care. So I said, well just go shorter. Shorter was just a little less than an inch long. I loved it! My husband hated it, but loved the fact that he didn't have to do my hair. :)

It looks good, next time take a picture with you. Or call her and tell her you what you think. That always works for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home