Monday, August 14, 2006

A Few Random Weekend Stories

1. On Friday afternoon I went to a step aerobics class after work. Now, I sweat a lot when I work out. Like really a lot. And? Yoga also makes me sweat even more than most aerobic workouts. So combine 50 minutes of aerobic exercise followed by 10 minutes of yoga, and I'm pretty sweaty.

On Friday at my gym there was some tennis event going on, so there were a lot of people around who were not familiar with the facilities there. I was in the locker room after my class, and a random woman walked in, looked at me, and asked "Oh, is there a pool here?"

Now, I don't know if that was just a general question asked for no reason, or if I looked like I just got out of the pool, but I chose to answer "Yes", and pretend not to be embarrassed about how sweaty I was. Still? It was a little embarrassing.

2. You get a picture with this one.


So, yes I know it's a little blurry, but that's a frog. It was on our balcony on Thursday night when Aaron went out to water the tomato plant (which 4 pretty big tomatoes that are about to turn red, and a bunch more possibly on the way. Hurray!). Now, that alone is weird enough. Our balcony is about 12 feet up. But what makes it truly hillarious is Aaron's running commentary on the whole thing. To paraphrase:

"I just don't get it. What makes a frog decide to climb a building like that? It's just hopping around and it happens to look up, and think 'Huh. Haven't been up there before. But hey, it's only noon. I've got the time. I'm going to go see what's happening up there."

Then he would make the frog climbing up the building motions and we would all fall into heaps of laughter. Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty hillarious.

3. There was a festival of sorts in town this weekend, so on Friday night we headed over for dinner and to check things out. Now, this is a yearly festival and my friends and I (not Aaron so much, he's apparently smarter than the rest of us) always look forward to this festival, thinking how great it's going to be and how much we can't wait to attend.

Then we get there. It's always boring, and we always forget this ,and are sorely disappointed. This year was not any different. We went and ate some ethnic food and then looked around, and felt disappointed because it's lame. Like always. I don't know why we fall for it every time, but we do. Then we laughed about it the rest of the weekend.

Overall it was a great, relaxing weekend, where we accomplished absolutely nothing, but had a wonderful time doing it.

2 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

little frogs are so cute.

 
At 8/14/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Love the blurry little frog! I am with you and Aaron, how in the heck did he get up there?

So did you beat your tomato plants?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home