Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Forgot, and What the Hell?

Two totally separate and non-related things today:

Thing the first:

I totally forgot the best part about the baseball game last night. (Molly you'll appreciate this one - it is one of our favorites from the past.) Ty Pennington was there, as was the rest of the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition team. They sang a completely horrible rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch, but still. I was in the same area as Ty Pennington. Swoon. I don't care if he's 15 years older than me, he's still really good looking. Too bad he's annoying as hell.

Aaron, my friend Molly, and I used to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition every Sunday night and (this is going to make us sound like horrible people, but whatever) make fun of the people on the show. Like the kid with the really fragile bones. We didn't really make fun of him, but of the shot they showed of Ty picking him up and giving him the "man hug". You know, the one where you hug but pat hard on the back? Yeah. Way to break all the kids ribs, Ty. Then there was the one where the family's house burnt down because they left a bunch of space heaters running while they weren't there. This is why things have warnings like "Caution: Coffee is Hot" or "Don't iron your clothes while you are wearing them" (I totally know someone who did that second one). It's just common sense.

So anyway, I got to see Ty Pennington in person on Tuesday night - a very small and far away Ty Pennington, but it was him nonetheless. Swoon!

Thing the second:

Okay, have you heard the new song by Fergie? The "London Bridge - Oh Snap!" song? Um, what the hell? I may be old and prudish and not hip at all, because I don't get it. The refrain goes:

"How come everytime you come around, My London, London bridge, wanna go down like, London, London, London, wanna go down like, London, London, London, we goin’ down like… "

Okay, so what's my London Bridge, and what's going down? Does it really mean what it seems to mean? Also, why is the song so catchy (I like the beat) and so annoying (what the hell is she doing with her voice, and why did anyone think that was a good idea?) at the same time?

I really don't get it. Could someone please explain?

4 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew. I hate that song.

 
At 8/10/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger JustJane said...

A very small and far away Ty Pennington is the best kind of Ty Pennington. Just sit there and look pretty Ty, seriously, shut up!

 
At 8/10/2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i've never heard that song and i think i am very grateful for that fact. if you find out what it means, enlighten us!

 
At 8/10/2006 6:38 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Okay, I agree with justjane - Ty is probably better very small and far away. But he is still good looking that way! I wish I could see him. He was in a town not too far from ours (meaning more than an hour away) but I couldn't make it over there to see them (the whole cast - they were doing a makeover).

Don't know the song and am thinking I won't be downloading that one from iTunes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home