Thursday, August 03, 2006

He says I'm a Brat. He may be right.

Scene: Mid-day in my office. I call Aaron to tell him the good news.

Me: Hey. We just got an email from the governor. She says we have to have pizza for dinner tonight.

Him: Um, what?

Me: Well, because it's so hot we have to work on conserving enery, so we shouldn't use things like the stove which will both use energy and heat up the apartment to make the air conditioner use more energy. So we can't use it. So we have to order pizza for dinner. I'm thinking pepperoni and mushroom.

Him: So the governor didn't really say we had to order pizza in particular. Just that we shouldn't use our stove.

Me: Right. But you ate all the lettuce we had left in a salad for lunch, so we don't have anything to eat that doesn't have to be heated up.

Him: Fine. Pizza it is.

Me: Oh, and you know how I'm supposed to wash the towels tonight? I can't do that either.

Him: The governor?

Me: Yep. The dryer does the same thing as the stove. Heats up and uses lots of energy.

Him: Do we have to pay such close attention to what she says?

Me: Definitely.

Him: You'll say pretty much anything to be lazy and eat pizza won't you.

Me: Absolutely. It's just that today I have a pretty good excuse.

Him: Brat.

5 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are way better excuses then I ever come up with and I still don't do my chores!

 
At 8/03/2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100% In fact you probably shouldn't use your appliances for the next week or so to give the electric company time to recover ;o)

 
At 8/03/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

hey i think that is pretty clever. ;)

 
At 8/03/2006 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you're just a responsible citizen doing what you can to help conserve energy. If that means eating pizza and buying new clothes because all of yours are dirty and you can't wash them, by all means...

 
At 8/03/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Oh you should get a key to the city!! What a good citizen you are! I wonder if DH will go for it? I will give it a try, that is for sure. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home