Saturday, September 23, 2006

For Pete's Sake!: Redux

Well, I've finally had my first troll. I didn't expect for it to hurt my feelings at all, but I do have to say it hurts my feelings a little bit. On this post someone decided to call me selfish because I want to get out of jury duty.

Well, of course I want to get out of jury duty. It's boring, unlike my job which I think is fun. Also, even though I try not to blog about work, as a rule, we've recently had lay-offs and so we're a little extra swamped because we've had to take on extra work (which I've done gladly and willingly), plus it's the end of the funding year so all kinds of final reports are due. This is the first weekend I haven't worked this month, and I've worked 10 hour days almost every day since the end of August. In addition to having a nasty head cold, which has tried to slow me down even though I can't afford to be slowed down at this point.

I haven't sent in a letter asking to be let off jury duty like I said I might. I think that if I'm called I'll gladly serve. It's my duty as a citizen. That's why I vote, too.

I don't know why I'm defending myself against someone who didn't even leave their name, email, or URL. They obviously don't care.

But hey, now that I've had a troll, I feel like I've really made it in the blogging world. Thanks for that, Anonymous.

8 Comments:

At 9/23/2006 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief...who doesn't want to get out of jury duty? LOL!

It's true though -- you've made it now. ;)

 
At 9/23/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger vasilisa said...

Isn't it amazing how trolls are always anonymous, but so opinionated!

And I'd love to meet a person who genuinly would not want to get out of jury duty... I mean, the excitement! (nahh...)

 
At 9/24/2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does he or she know how much work you do every day? And if they think they know so much about you, they should leave their name.

What an asshat, but you're right. You've hit the big time now that you have a hatah.

 
At 9/25/2006 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I remember my first troll. She told me Hailey was ugly.

Those were the days.

PS. Everyone want to get out of jury duty. That's why they call it Jury DUTY and not Jury Vacation.

 
At 9/25/2006 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a citizen of a democratic society serving is a duty. Not doing it is the eqivalent of not voting in my eyes. For someone who has sat on the other side of the bench, having a jury of your peers opposed to a bunch of "avaliable" senior citizens makes all the difference when it comes to having a fair trial. I consider that every time I get that jury letter.

Why are you all making such a big deal if someone else finds this duty to be an honor? Consider living in a part of the world where this simple right is craved by the people...all of your arguements are incredibly self righteous. Quit whining and do your duty.

 
At 9/25/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Check yur stats and see who it was. You can then try and match up the IP address to another visit that you know of. and out them. I don't think you can ban on Blogger but you can restrict your comments to only registered blogger users.

I sort of want to be on a jury but they would never pick me becuase I'm too smart. The same goes for all of those who have commented. If you can form a complete sentence, you're pretty much guaranteed to get kicked off during voi dire.

 
At 9/25/2006 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how shitty it is to have a "troll" -- I had the unpleasant experience my self several days ago. Like you said-- they didn't have the guts to leave a name, email, or web address... so THEY ARE NOTHING TO YOU.

Don't worry about it-- people like that post stuff to get a reaction out of you. It's best to ignore it.

Thats the beauty of having your own blog-- you can write about whatever you want, and you can delete the crappy comments with the click of a mouse! LOL

 
At 9/26/2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

When I worked at the doctor's office we were constantly getting calls from people wanting us to help them get out of jury duty. I used to think I wanted to be chosen but then it really is just a pain in the butt.

I am sure there are a lot of people out there like the troll that would love to do their duty. Just like there are a lot of people out there just like your troll that don't have the balls to post as themselves.

I would try to get out of jury duty if I had a good enough reason, but so far in my life I haven't had a good reason - but I haven't been called yet either. So, I always try to stay informed. That way I know too much to be on the jury. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home