Friday, September 22, 2006

Holding On

Well, I'm still sick. It's been over a week now that I've had this headcold, and I'm done with it.

I just wish it were done with me.

I've developed a really fun new symptom in the past few days, which is sneezing every 5 minutes. What makes this worse is that I'm not one of those dainty sneezers who lets loose a little "achoo" and is all better. No, I have loud and powerfull "AAAACHHOOOO"s that happen two or three at a time.

This constant feeling of having to sneeze is not pleasant. Neither is the distinct ache in my abs from this incredibly repetitive sneezing. In fact, I sneezed myself awake this morning 20 minutes before the alarm was set to go off. That is the very definition of a "rude awakening".

Aaron is still sick as well. He started being sick about three days before me and still has the sniffles. We've followed pretty much the same sickness pattern - sore throat to headache to runny nose to itchy throat - but he hasn't gotten this sneezing thing. If you couldn't already tell, I'm pretty annoyed about being sick.

But, not one to keep good things all to myself (I wouldn't want to be considered selfish after all) we're going to visit my parents this weekend. We've been couped up in the house for about two weeks now, not venturing out except for to work or the drug store, and we've got a little cabin fever. I just hope at this point we're not contagious any more.

I also hope that we don't forget the box of tissues for the road. That could be a disaster.

3 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing!

I had strep last week. This week victor has pneumonia.

I'm pretty much ready to just put us into a medically induced coma for the rest of the month.

Wake me up when everyone is healthy again.

 
At 9/22/2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! I hope all the fresh air this weekend will help you both feel better.

 
At 5/03/2022 10:39 AM, Anonymous Jude Wagner said...

Thanks for a ggreat read

 

Post a Comment

<< Home