Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Planning

Well, this has been the month from hell, and yet it's far from over. Next week I'm going on a business trip to a couple of beautiful locations in northern Michigan, but I have to work the entire time so I don't know if I'll get a chance to enjoy it. I also still have to finish a couple of reports and work on a couple of grant proposals, and those are things I have to do this week. It just never ends, it seems.

But! It is coming to an end. Well, at least it won't be too busy starting in October. Aaron and I have decided to take a mini-vacation during the first weekend in October, and so we're starting to plan it. I suggested day trips to attractions around the lower portion of the state, but he wants to go camping. It will be cold, but also fun, and I'm really lookng forward to it. Mostly because it's time off work and time for the two of us to be alone together.

So since I agreed to go camping, now we have to decide on a location. I'm hoping we'll go geocaching somewhere up north. I've been reading all about it ever since I first learned about it over at All & Sundry. I understand that it's a fairly geeky pasttime, but I never claimed to be anything but, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm sure Aaron will want to go fishing too, since he recently bought yet another fishing pole. I told him I'd go fishing too as long as I don't have to touch any bait or fish. He laughed at me. Think that's a good sign? I'm thinking it means I don't get to fish.

We also want to do some hiking, and some sight seeing. The other thing we'll probably do is take pictures of the fall colors, which are starting to change down here (which, Bullshit! because it's only September, and it's not technically even fall yet), so they'll probably be even further along up north.

Geez, reading about all of that above, I really sound outdoorsy, don't I? I never thought of myself that way, but it seems that Aaron and I have become quite the outdoors enthusiasts lately. And I'm loving every minute of it.

2 Comments:

At 9/19/2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like heaven. And having something to look forward to will make the rest of the month go by faster!

 
At 9/26/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Oh a mini vacation sounds like so much fun. I have been having a week from you know where. I hope it doesn't last a month. I am going to live through you, so take lots of photos on your mini-vacation. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home