Wednesday, November 29, 2006

27

Well, I am officially older. I keep thinking about a t-shirt I saw yesterday that said "Right now I am the oldest I've ever been." There was also one that said "Haikus are easy, but sometimes they make no sense. Refrigerator." Aaron doesn't think the second one is as funny as I think it is, but really - I think it's hilarious.

My mom called this morning at around 7:30 to wish me a Happy Birthday and ask me about my plans for the day. "Work," I told her. "It sucks being an adult sometimes, doesn't it?" she replied.

Sure does. If this was my dream birthday I would be at home curled up on the couch with a cup of coffee, a good book, and the Today show playing in the background. Then I would take a bubble bath, followed up by a nap. I would go out for lunch for a hot dog and fries (something I'm doing anyway because I've been craving a hot dog for a week), and then run to the local bakery to pick up my favorite cake. I would then go home and watch a movie. I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries in the afternoon, but it's not on the air any more and so a movie it is. Then I would start on dinner, because I love cooking and when I'm not rushed it's one of my favorite ways to relax.

Aaron would come home and we'd have dinner and wine (something we are doing, just not at home), and then cuddle on the couch watching our favorite shows before heading to bed to cuddle some more.

Oh, my! I just realized that I'm missing ANTM tonight! I'll have to have Aaron remind me to tape it, since we are low-tech and do not own any form of Tivo.

Anyway, so that was my dream birthday, but we all know that things never go exactly as you want them. So this is how my actual birthday is going to happen: Work, hot dog lunch, work, dinner out with friends, wine, wine, wine, sleep.

Even though it's not my dream day, it works just fine.

11 Comments:

At 11/29/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the clan of 27-year-olds. I've been here for a couple of months, and it's not so bad. :)

 
At 11/29/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Nicole P. said...

Happy birthday!!

I just saw that t-shirt site from Miss Doxie's gift guide. I bought 2 shirts for friends and one of them was the haiku shirt! It's hilarious.

 
At 11/29/2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
At 11/29/2006 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I think the hot dog, wine, and dinner sound wonderful, even if you do have to spend a little time at work.

And I think that haiku shirt is hilarious.

 
At 11/29/2006 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just clicked on the "chocolate pumpkin cheesecake bars" link there on your sidebar and decided that I am making them tonight for a dinner we're having with Tim's sisters tomorrow. I'll let you know how delicious they are!

 
At 11/29/2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Enjoy your dinner tonight! Remember, you get as much wine as you want, because you're the birthday girl. ;)

 
At 11/29/2006 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how old is "older?"

I'll go first. I'm 33. Bday is Dec 29th

 
At 11/29/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Sarah Barah said...

Enjoy your day! I hope you're not having too work too much.

 
At 11/29/2006 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 11/29/2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a strict rule that I don't work on my birthday. People do annoying things like leave balloons in your office. ugh.

Happy birthday!!!!!!

 
At 11/29/2006 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came here by way of your comment at Rain On My Tirade.

Unsolved Mysteries...ANTM...I think we could be BFF.

Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home