Monday, November 27, 2006

Well, After So Much Up...

I had to come down eventually.

I'm in a Bad mood today (capital B intended). I am mad about everything. I was mad that Aaron disrupted my normal schedule this morning. Then, on the way to work (30 minutes late, I might add) I started getting mad about my birthday, and how forgotten it seems this year. I mean, yes, I did get the coat from my parents and we did go up north on Saturday, but I picked out the coat and had her buy it a month ago, and I planned the entire Saturday trip. Not to mention that my sister hated the whole day Saturday and made me feel horribly guilty about making her go, which pretty much ruined all the fun for me.

Yes, I got a cake, but it was a last minute cake that was only made because I kept hinting that "Hey, you know what sounds good right now? Birthday cake", and I think that if I hadn't been so insanely obvious in my hinting it wouldn't have happened.

Yes, I got a laptop in July, and the coat (that I picked out) but it feels like I'm not getting any birthday presents. I think I might go out and buy myself something nice to make up for it. (And not the tires that we have to buy today because we realized that we were lucky to make it home yesterday since the tires were almost completely shredded. Grrr...)

I called Aaron on my trip to work to remind him to make reservations at my favorite restaurant on Wednesday, and then suggested that maybe, just maybe, he should invite my friends for the dinner too. I feel like I'm doing it all, or at least having to prompt anyone to do anything, and I'm sad about it.

Not to mention that for Aaron's birthday in May, I called his friends who live in another state (and I'm not particularly fond of these friends, either) and convinced them to come for his birthday party that I had spent weeks planning. I even made a margarita cake to go with the Mexican dinner, and had a big crowd go bowling after the entire big crowd ate dinner together. Oh, and I played designated driver so that he could have as much fun as possible on his birthday.

Maybe if I stop making an effort I won't feel as bad when others don't do the same.

I don't know if any of this even makes sense or if I'm just entirely hormonal and in need of a good nap (or slap) and a piece of chocolate. Sorry for the copious amounts of bitching today. I'm going to go hide from everyone.

7 Comments:

At 11/27/2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Steph said...

I'm completely with you as far as being in a bad mood today goes. I'm sorry your birthday is not all you hoped it would be.

I think part of what's getting me down is that I feel the same way about Christmas as you do about your birthday. It's just not the same as it used to be. There's no magic or fun to it anymore. :( I hate growing up.

 
At 11/27/2006 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so with you on this. First of all I have to say I am sorry it happens to you too.

My birthday goes this way almost every year. Last year was the first year that McD actually woke me up with gifts. You know how your 30th birthday is supposed to be a big deal. Um, no. Dinner and that was about it.

My deal, and I know you will understand, is my graduation is in less than a month. I mentioned it months ago. Thanksgiving day my Mom asks what the plans were. My answer. Walking across the stage in a ugly gown and cap then going home. McD answer. I thought we would go out to eat afterward. What happened to the PARTY? I have slaved for 4 years trying to juggle a degree, family and job (early on). No Party? So, Dec 16 I will be walking across the stage - probably p.o.'d. :) Okay, now I have to go get ready for lunch with McD. Think he will notice that I am now in a bad mood because he isn't doing anything for my graduation? HA!

{Hugs} Enjoy your chocolate! Eat a piece for me.

 
At 11/27/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

I'm sorry!

My husband can be the same way...he means well, of course, but he is just not a planner or a surpriser. At all. Every year I get my hopes up for a surprise, and every year I am a little disappointed. I've just had to accept that if I want something, I have to ask for it explicitly.

I hope your day gets better. And Happy Belated Birthday!

 
At 11/27/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Oh, whoops...I just realized that your birthday isn't until Wednesday. So I take back my belated birthday wishes. ;)

 
At 11/27/2006 1:02 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I thin it is a man thing. I have been there. Birthdays are a big deal and should be treated as such!

 
At 11/27/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i get like this too. as givers and planners, we hope people will return the favor. unfortunately, the opposites attract rule often wins on this and we are surrounded by people with the best of intentions and very poor follow through. and double unfortunately, no amount of you stopping giving is going to make you feel better. in fact, it will make you feel worse because you aren't being yourself.

ok, maybe i projecting a bit...but i think maybe it's similar with your situation. :)

it's your BIRTHDAY damn it. you deserve to be pampered and surprised and spoiled. please go buy yourself something nice. it's the least you can do!

 
At 11/27/2006 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am so grouchy today. I want to just bite everyone's head off. I went to the grocery store to get.. well groceries and it wouldn't take my check card! What in the World?? I go to the ATM, check the balance, everything is fine. Turns out I used it too much this weekend and it has a limit. grumblearghaagerahgaiehgag almost bad word. Anyway I wanted to just talk really mean to the little teenager that was checking me out. Totally not her fault I did all my christmas shopping in 2 days and my credit card company thinks the card is now stolen. ha! I'll not tell my huband that last part. Anyway i'm not normally mean to strangers. I'm with you.

i went on and on and on...

and on and on

sorry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home