Monday, November 06, 2006

Jealousy

(Damn, now I'm going to have that "Hey, Jealousy" song stuck in my head all day.)

Aaron has today off. He took a personal day because he really needed a day off. I respect that and am glad that he is taking time for himself. That, however, does not stop me from being incredibly jealous that he is at home relaxing (even if I did have last Monday off).

Here I am at work, trying to decide if something is a process or outcome measure (I know you're jealous of my incredibly exciting life, right?) and he's at home drinking coffee and eating the homemade scones I baked this morning, while watching the morning talk shows, or more likely, watching Sports Center for the fifth or sixth time while doing fantasy sports stuff on the internet. That's the life. Last Monday when he came home I told him he needed to make more money so that I could be a stay-at-home wife. (I was joking. Kind of.) I think that it's a novelty though, and if I spent every day at home I'd be bored out of my mind. At least until we have kids, then that's a different story.

Anyway...

When I left he was still in bed. I want to be still in bed. I guess you could say it's slightly obvious that I'm still in a funky mood.

Well, I should watch it. I wouldn't want people to think I'm a whiny baby like Kanye West. Because, damn. He's the whiny-est of whiny babies.

6 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

processes and outcome measures are my favorite. ;)

 
At 11/06/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

Well now I have that song in MY head.

 
At 11/06/2006 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim went back to work at a new job away from home today. He's been working independently from home for the past several months. While on the one hand I don't have to be jealous of him being home all day while I'm at work, on the other hand I'm bummed because I got super spoiled when he was home. He took care of so much stuff -- he kept the house clean, he went grocery shopping (i hate grocery shopping so much), he sometimes had dinner cooking when I came home -- he was the perfect house husband! And now that he's not home all the time anymore, I have a bad feeling that I'm going to have to start being responsible and helping out around the house more. Lame. (But also totally worth it because of the whole we'll have more money thing.)

 
At 11/06/2006 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kanye West is beyond "baby". He's into fetus stage now.

 
At 11/07/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I still can't get past that part where you mentioned that you baked scones before work. Dude, you totally deserve to be a stay-at-home wife if you're making that much of an effort in the kitchen! Aaron should be impressed, and he should get on that earning-more-money thing. ;)

 
At 11/08/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger its_amyia1977 said...

Hey Mrs. Ca, I came over from Julie's site! I totally understand your inner debate with working. Sometimes I wish my husband would make about 30-something thousand more a month so I could have kids and be a homewife. But then again I think about it and realize I'd get bored out of my mind! Gotta have that adult stimulation! LOL..have a great afternoon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home