Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well...

I have not enough time or caffeine to do a comprehensive post today, so you get random paragraphs with basically no connection. You know you love it when I post like this. Totally.

Anyway, here goes:

I went and voted first thing this morning. Three precincts vote at the same location. The other two precincts had long lines, but my precinct had no wait and a few empty voting booths. Either people in my precinct don't vote, or they can't vote that early in the morning. Aaron said he was the only one there from our precinct at 7 am when the polls opened. It's just weird to me.

Aaron and I both ruined dinner last night. It was inedible. We haven't done that in a long time, and I'm now really happy about that. My baked beans did not turn out at all. They just would not get tender, so we ended up throwing them out. It's a little disappointing to throw away seven plus hours of work, but they were inedible. The sauce was good though, so if I can guarantee tender beans next time I'll try the recipe again.

Aaron made oven-fried chicken last night, and that was inedible as well. He used a recipe I had set out for him, and followed it exactly. Unfortunately we didn't have the exact ingredients - the recipe called for one chicken in pieces, and we had boneless, skinless chicken breasts. They definitely didn't need an hour in the oven. They shrunk up to about half of their pre-cooking size, and you couldn't cut into them.

So, we ate left-over pizza for dinner last night, and it didn't reheat well. It was a disappointing night altogether. Thankfully the sitcoms on CBS last night were hilarious. It put a good cap on a not-as-good night.

Are you watching "The New Adventures of Old Christine"? We really like this show. We're Seinfeld fans from way back, and so we give any show with a former cast member a chance. The only problem? Although this show is hilarious, Julia Louis-Dreyfus' character is so awkward at times that it's painful to watch. I was actually writhing in agony I was so embarrassed for her character at one point last night. I get easily embarrassed for other people, fictional or not, and so this show is somewhat difficult to watch at times.

Yesterday I had left-over garlic chicken kabobs for lunch. When I gave Aaron a kiss as I came through the door, he about fell over. "Damn," he said, "you stink!" Aaron if you're reading this: Just so you know? This is not how I like to be greeted. It flips my "bitch switch" pretty quickly.

"Bitch Switch" is my new phrase-o-the-season. We coined this during a discussion about what, if said, would set us off right away. Other phrases that flip the bitch switch? "Are you really wearing that?", "Another Snickers?", and "Maybe you should think about taking a nap." to name a few. Are there any that I've missed?

7 Comments:

At 11/07/2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, my Bitch Switch phrase is when my husband asks, "Do we need to get you some food?" That means he thinks I'm being a bitch and perhaps lunch will stablize my blood sugar or something and I'll be happier, and them is just fightin' words!

 
At 11/07/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

For me, it's when I ask my husband if he likes the outfit I'm wearing, and he responds, "Why? What's wrong with it?".

It makes me nuts that he has to ask where my doubt lies instead of just saying, "Looks fine to me" or "You're a goddess!" or something nice.

We've been over this many times, and by now it is definitely a "bitch switch" flipper.

 
At 11/07/2006 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My new phrase is "Fun Light" when your getting tired and ready to go home you say "My fun light just went out."

 
At 11/07/2006 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted at 7am today, too, and I am now drinking more vile office coffee than I thought possible in order to be somewhat productive at work.

I love "bitch switch" -- what a perfect term.

 
At 11/07/2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Eris said...

I feel uncomfortable watching people in embarrasing situations too. It has become so bad that I can't watch old episodes of I Love Lucy without having a pillow to bury my head in.

Bitch Switch. Tee Hee

 
At 11/08/2006 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you said that about New Adventures. I thought I was crazy, but I just couldn't watch it because it made me so uncomfortable.

 
At 11/08/2006 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitch Switch! I love it! I am gonna use it! I would use it right now but McD already went to bed. I will have to use it tomorrow.

Something that has flipped by switch was once while on the monthly mood swing McD asked if I needed another pill. Oh big bitch switch. He later said he just thought my cramps must have been really bad and did I need a pain killer. Those pain killers (over the counter drugs) has a mood thing to it as well. Maybe I did need it, but that wasn't the point. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home