Monday, December 11, 2006

My Weekend in Three Parts

Part the First:

Quickest way to ruin a Saturday = not sleeping Friday night (not by choice, stupid alcohol-induced insomnia) and then reminding your husband every five minutes that you're really exhausted, all the while refusing to take a nap because, "what if it happens again tonight?"

It didn't.

Part the Second:

We haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. We decided to go get it all done yesterday. So we went to one store that's having a big moving sale, and I bought my mom a birthday present (her birthday is Thursday). Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond because we need a humidifier. We didn't find one we wanted, nor did we find the one Christmas present we knew we wanted to buy there, and it was really freaking crowded, which we can't handle, so we went home instead of doing any shopping.

On Saturday we had watched the first to episodes of the HBO show, Rome. I really liked it a lot, and thought, "hey, that might be a good present for someone. My brother likes history type stuff, maybe he'd like it." But then I thought about all the sex and nudity, and even though my brother is a married adult, I still can't deal with those facts, and so I'm not buying him a DVD set full of sex and nudity. It would just be too weird.

So, yes. Still no Christmas shopping done. And! I need to get all my out-of-state presents mailed this week, so I'm headed to the mall tonight. If you hear a news story about some woman in Michigan who went crazy dealing with mall crowds and killed them all? Pray for me. Or send bail money. I seriously can't handle crowds.

Part the Third:

We rearranged our bedroom yesterday afternoon. It's now basically the mirror image of what it was before. Exciting, no? Well, it was the biggest thing we accomplished all weekend, because we are lazy, and were also tired (see part the first).

You're jealous of the excitement that is my life. I can tell.

5 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your weekend wasn't much different than mine! HA! So I guess that makes me lazy too. I studied quite a bit but I always feel like I should be doing something else. Okay, I really just want to be doing something else. :)

I don't have my Christmas shopping done either. I will do that next week. :) Hopefully I will be able to go to the stores during the work day for most people and not have to deal with the crowds. Cause you could possibly see the same news headlines here in Oklahoma.

 
At 12/11/2006 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love rearranging furniture. Even if you did just move everything to the other side of the room, it's still like you have a whole new room, and what's not exciting about that?

Also, I love that you're watching Rome and that you are enjoying it. I am so addicted to that show. And if it makes your shopping easier, there is less and less nudity and sex as the season goes on...

 
At 12/11/2006 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got some shopping started this weekend and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not so big on crowds, either.

 
At 12/11/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Funny, JUST TODAY (genius that I am) I realized that I need to mail all of my out-of-state presents in the next few days. Here I was, feeling good about the fact that we'd already purchased several presents, and I am overlooking the fact that - duh! - those presents need to actually be delivered for the recipients to enjoy them.

 
At 12/11/2006 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hard for me to hold back my jealousy! If I were to tell you the ever exciting points of my weekend, we'd be almost a match. I didn't move furniture around... more boring... I peeled wallpaper!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home