Friday, December 08, 2006

Phoning It In

So, today is the first of three work holiday parties at my place of employment. It's all Holiday Craziness around here. People are decorating their office doors (I made a paper Christmas tree with paper lights and glittery paper ornaments), and the refrigerators are full of yummy looking food. I can't wait for the party to start (I still have 2.5 hours to wait).

I'm making sweets for the other parties, so I decided to make an appetizer for today's party instead. It's Aaron's favorite appetizer, and he learned to make it in home ec. in high school. The recipe is called "Mexican Willies", but I prefer a less phallic title, so I call them "Mexican Tortilla Roll-Ups".

And since I know many of us have lots of Holiday Parties to attend, and since many may need to bring something to these parties, I thought I'd share the recipe today. It's super simple, and delicious, makes a ton, and I rarely have left-overs. Here goes:

Mexican Tortilla Roll-Ups

8 burrito-sized tortillas
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 can chopped green chilis, drained
6 to 8 oz. salsa (I use 4 oz regular salsa and 4 oz. salsa verde)
3 green onions, chopped
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix all ingredients together except tortillas. Once it's well mixed, spread the mixture on one side of each tortilla and roll them up. (Once I roll them I usually press down to make sure that the filling goes all the way to the edge.) Chill overnight, then slice into 1 inch pieces.

Voila! You're done. So super easy, right? Hope you like them!

3 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh! sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it!

 
At 12/08/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Yum! My mom makes something similar, and I luuuuuurve them. Thanks for the recipe!

 
At 12/11/2006 9:59 AM, Blogger RichM said...

And you forgot to mention "meatless" (always a useful thing in a take-along recipe nowadays). Though I reckon one could change that if one wished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home