Thursday, August 11, 2005

Back to the Work-a-day World

Well, I survived the concert. I'm exhausted, my ears are still ringing, and I may fall asleep at work a few times today. But! It was so worth it. It was a blast!

I don't have any pictures yet because I have to have them developed first. I don't get my digital camera until Christmas this year. I'm so behind everyone else in the world!

I so didn't know Bryan Adams is totally my type! He's tall, skinny (really skinny) and kind of dorky looking. He may be my new celebrity boyfriend (although I don't think it will happen. No one can knock Johnny Depp out of that role).

Def Leppard was a rockin' good time. Lots of silly fun and songs I haven't heard for a while. Although it was weird watching both bands thinking "These guys are at least as old, if not older, than my parents". Weird.

But, far better than either of the bands was the crowd at the concert. I love to go people watching, and everyone there was great people watching fodder. So here's my list.

Seen at the concert:
  • Far, FAR, too many mullets.
  • Lesbian couple making out. Two thirteen-year-old boys watching lesbians make out unless their mothers were talking or paying attention to them (my friend almost wet herself laughing at this scene. The boys' mouths were literally hanging open).
  • Far, FAR, too many drunk rednecks.
  • One shirtless, very sweaty 20-something man who was way too into one of Def Leppard's songs. He slapped his own ass and sang into his beer bottle/microphone with more passion than the band itself. It was great. When he went to the back of the crowd, those of us watching him were audibly disappointed. He was confused when 30 people behind him went "Aw....Darn". It was very funny.
  • Weird tattoos. Lots of them.
  • Many 30 or 40-something men in what were obviously their work clothes singing along very passionately.
  • One woman, who was pulled up on stage with Bryan Adams, grabbing his butt. A man just off stage got her attention and shook his head at her, seemingly saying "try it again and you're out of here".

There was much, much more, but my head is still kind of cloudy from the late night.

I only got two pictures, but I will post them at some later time. It was so much fun! I only hope that this ringing in my head goes away eventually.

2 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me very much of a Norah Jones concert I went to recently.

Seen:
4 lesbians in front of me, who whooped and hollered when I walked by. One of them was sporting a shirt that read something about Bush but there was an obvious Lesbian pun to the slogan that included Bush in it.

Wish I had my camera more...

 
At 8/17/2005 4:26 PM, Blogger josetteplank.com said...

"He slapped his own ass and sang into his beer bottle/microphone with more passion than the band itself."

Was that my brother-in-law, lol!

Great blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home