Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Scare

Well, yesterday was quite a day. I didn't post because I didn't want to jinx anything (although I don't know which way I wanted to jinx it).

See, well, the thing is...we thought I might be pregnant.

I'm not.

I wanted to test yesterday morning, but when I ran to the drug store it was closed. As was the one across the street. I had to get ready for work still, so we decided it would be better to test after work.

So off to work I went (after getting ready of course - I may go to the drug store in my pajamas but not work) thinking all day long about what could be happening. I visited bunches of fun websites like Pee On a Stick (where I read all about home pregnancy tests and even about the fun you can have with pregnancy tests and other bodily and non-bodily fluids) and Baby Center (where I calculated my due date - it would have been April 18th of next year).

It was a long day, but not as stressful as one may think. I was in a good mood, my husband was in a good mood and we were both cautiously excited about what may lie ahead.

After work I went to the gym to do some light exercise and to keep my mind off of testing until my husband got home from work (he gets home about 1 1/2 hours after I do). After the workout I went to the drug store to buy the test. I also got a magazine to distract me again.

When he got home I took the test. We watched it for a minute waiting, excited, until it came back: Not pregnant. And we both cried. As much as we keep saying that we're not ready and it's not the right time, we were both ready yesterday. I kept saying that it was okay, that I wasn't ready anyway. And my husband said he knows I am.

And then, before it got too sappy, we went out and had burgers and beer. A celebratory drink to the fact that I could drink. And we went to bed early and cuddled to sleep.

It was a great day.

1 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger SS said...

Ah yes, I also just took my first prego test. It is strange how complex just peeing on a stick can be (and stressful). All my fussing and worrying and that puppy came back "not pregnant" in about 3 seconds flat. Yeah for the many beers that lie ahead!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home