Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holidays Redux

Well, I'm back. Back at work and back to blog. Of course I'm sure I'd be much more excited to be back if I had slept AT ALL last night! (hint: I didn't).

My husband and I decided to make yesterday, our last day off before heading back to the real working world, a lot of fun. So we went shopping and bought a lot of clothes, and then we went home and I was all crabby for no reason. Fun, huh?

But, yes, the clothes were fun. I got a sweater I've been eyeing for a while and some black pants for work, among other things. We also went shopping for a digital camera (our present from my parents was money to go pick out a digital camera - Yay!) but didn't get one yet. Still need to do some more research. I'm hoping we'll get one this coming weekend.

Other than the money for the digital camera, I got a lot of other fun things for Christmas this year. My lovely wonderful husband got me a red Kitchenaid Stand Mixer that I have wanted for oh-so-many years. He also got me two books I wanted, one of which I have already finished - A Million Little Pieces. It only took me a few days and I LOVED it! My parents got us a bunch of little things, including Dysfunctional Family MadLibs which are awesome, and tons of candy. Oh and vibrating toothbrushes, which are weird but really cool. Aaron's parents got me two cookbooks I've been wanting (Paula Deen's Collection and Rachael Ray's newest one).

I really must have been a very good girl this year because I got everything on my list. And even better than the presents was the week-plus that I got to spend with Aaron. We had a great time and I was truly sad that it was ending this morning. I just want to keep sleeping in late and cuddling next to him, watching movies and doing all kinds of other things together. It was great.

New Year's Eve was a blast - we had some friends over, I made a big spread, we played Trivial Pursuit and I drank much more than I had in a while but didn't get to overwhelmingly drunk, just a nice kind of tipsy all night.

So, it was a great holiday week, and I miss it already (at not-even 10 in the morning the first day back). Hope you all had as much fun as I did!

2 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great break from work/blogging!!

Have fun with your new mixer!! I want one of those too but Aaron refueses to buy me a kitchen app. for a gift! I don't know why?

Glad your back!

 
At 1/04/2006 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't those mixers the best?!? I got one at my bridal shower, and I must use it a few times a week - there's some serious baking lovin' going on at my place.

Anyway, don't do what I did, which was I used the wire wisk beater to make cookies. I'm amazed I didn't bend it 87 different ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home