Friday, March 24, 2006

Five Years

Five years ago tonight Aaron and I kissed for the first time. I cannot believe it's been that long because the years have just flown by. It was a great night and I'm so happy he made a move because I had been waiting for almost a month. And now look at us - married, making plans, having fun...It's wonderful.

Here's how the kiss happened:

We were at a party thrown by some co-workers, and generally having a great time. I don't remember much about the party because my memory just always goes back to the kiss, but what I do remember is that Aaron's roommate had made me a rather strong tequila sunrise, Aaron had his arm around me half the night (swoon!), and I was a very happy girl.

I had been pursuing Aaron for about a month. I regularly went to his house with drinks and video games, and didn't let him win (in fact I beat him regularly). We worked together so we regularly went out to lunch after our morning shift at the coffee house. We had even gone on a (kind-of) date at the beginning of the month. We went out to a movie and then to a bar afterward. He was a gentleman and walked me to the door when the date was over, but he didn't kiss me then. I was shy, but I had generally been laying it on pretty thick to get him to notice me. Aaron was shy as well so he didn't really want to make the first move either.

Well, back to the party. We were just hanging out, talking to people, dancing and drinking. It got late and so we decided to go, and since my car was back at his house we had to leave together. As we were walking to his car he still had his arm around me (double swoon!) and then he pulled me in tight because I was shivering. I looked up at him and smiled, and then it happened. He kissed me. I'll spare you the rest of the details, because that was the good part, but there it is: our first kiss. We've been inseparable ever since.

4 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Isn't it awesome how memories like that never fade...

 
At 3/24/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

that is just the sweetest. awww. :)

 
At 3/26/2006 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like Drew Barrymore says in 50 First Dates, nothing beats the first kiss.

What a great story, thanks for sharing.

 
At 3/27/2006 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... Isn't it crazy how fast five years goes by when you're with the right person?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home