Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Top Ten Reasons I Am Ready For Spring

...followed by a very sweet story about my wonderfully sweet husband (you may puke at the sappiness if you need to. I don't blame you.)

1. Warmth. I've been freezing for months now. When I get into my office in the morning, it's a whopping 61 degrees usually. In the summer months I actually have to wear short sleeves or sleeveless shirts to stay comfortable, which I love. Bring on the heat, baby!

2. Cute Clothes. I'm tired of sweaters. I usually look forward to wearing them in the fall, but I'm tired of wearing big bulky clothes. I also hate wearing socks so I'm really looking forward to sandal season, because I've got quite a few cute pairs. Oh, and skirts. I love skirts, and it's just too damn cold to wear them in the winter here. Cute clothes are one of my favorite parts of spring.

3. Spring Flowers. Tulips are by far my favorite flowers, and they're going to start peaking through the dirt any day now. I just know it. Also, I live by a large university that has planted flowering trees everywhere and it is about the most beautiful place on earth in the spring. I'm ready for the flowers and the green, instead of the snow and the dead brown that everything is now.

4. Dryness goes away. My skin is so dry that even if I moisturize it twice a day it's still flaky. I've done everything to make it better and nothing is really working. I'm embarrassed about my elbows especially - there's just nothing that can fix them now except some humidity. Michigan is a swamp, basically, so warmth also means humidity which equals not dry skin. (I'll complain about the oiliness this summer - just fair warning there.)

5. Open windows. There is nothing I love more than having my windows in my home open. I love the smell of the fresh air in my home. I love the gentle breeze that flows through. I just love having the windows open.

6. Breakfast on the balcony. We have a balcony at our apartment with chairs and small tables set up on it. One of my favorite things to do is sit out there with coffee and a sweet roll and enjoy the morning. It's very relaxing and refreshing, and Aaron likes it too, so it's romantic to boot.

7. Grilling. Aaron and I love to grill. Brats with onions and peppers (which have been boiled in beer, of course), big juicy steaks, marinated shrimp and asparagus spears, and on, and on, and on. Outdoor cooking is our favorite kind, and it's about that time.

8. Hiking. Especially without having to drag along practically an entire box of tissues, because that's what I have to do when we go hiking in the winter. There are a lot of state parks that are pretty close by to where we live and I am looking forward to spending a lot of time in nature this summer.

9. Lots of exciting plans. Such as: my sister-in-law-to-be's wedding shower (April), my friends' wedding (May), my brother's wedding (June), my best friend's wedding shower (July), and my best friend's wedding (September). I know that carries me through way past spring, but there are lots of exciting things happening wedding-wise this summer, and I couldn't be happier about it. My brother is getting married in Marquette, MI, which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding, so I get to plan the shower and bachelorette party and I have to get a dress still. It's all just very exciting to me.

10. Happiness. I get pretty blue in the winter sometimes, and spring is the only sure cure available. The happiness has already begun because of a few warm days we have had along with a lot of sunshine. I am so happy that it's almost spring (I know it's "officially" spring, but until there's no more frost in the mornings, spring is not officially here in my book) and I can't wait to thoroughly enjoy it.

So, yes, those are the reasons I'm ready for spring to get here. Like, yesterday. It's just being so slow!

So, speaking of yesterday: It was not a very good day. I was completely PMSing and crampy and very unhappy overall. I skipped my workout and went home to sulk on the couch. When Aaron called on his way home I broke into tears because I was just in so much pain and feeling weepy. Also, I didn't want to cook dinner but felt bad about not wanting to cook dinner because I don't like Aaron to have to do everything. See? PMS. Right there.

So he was stopping at the store and asked if I wanted anything, and I just reminded him of the things we needed but didn't ask for anything extra. He walked in the door about 30 minutes later with a bag full of treats (which are sure to completely ruin my diet for a few days, but I've been good lately, so what the hell, right?) including: 2 Take 5 candy bars (one peanut butter, one double chocolate), a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby, pizza, and a box of various flavored teas.

Then he proceeded to insist that I eat a candy bar, make one of the pizzas, bring it to me with a glass of ice water, then put me to bed with the heating pad. Then he watched the ANTM re-run (since we missed it last week due to a basketball game) and Scrubs with me. He's such a sweetheart. I really needed that yesterday, and he over-exceeded my expectations. Now I really want to do something amazing for him. Looks like a seafood dinner will be made this weekend, followed by lots of basketball watching and a case of his favorite beer. I love pampering him just as much as he does me.

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet guy. You caught a good one!

 
At 3/22/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

how cute are you two? :)

i love your list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home