Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I don't have a lot of very developed stories today (or any, actually) so here are my thoughts, bullet-style:
  • I forgot to post about reading "Bitter is the New Black", but I did and I loved it. That's a link to Jen's site, which is also a fabulous read. It was very funny, and my favorite part was when she invited the new neighbors over for White Russians and "The Big Lebowski". The whole thing was great and I suggest that everyone go out and buy a copy and read it post haste.
  • If you are in any way feeling emotional or PMS-like, don't watch "The House of Sand and Fog". I really liked the movie, but it also may have been the most depressing thing I've ever seen. It left Aaron and I feeling completely drained, but also in completely different moods. I was desperate for something funny to wash away the depression, and he was in the mood to cuddle and snooze. I was also in the mood to stop crying because by the end? I was a sobbing mess.
  • Speaking of PMS, I am so craving a cheeseburger today, it is not even funny. Time to dig into my change drawer and head over to Micky-D's because I spent all of my money on alcohol this past weekend.
  • The reading yesterday was short-lived. Well, at least for yesterday it was - he may pick up the book again, and I really hope he does. The reason it ended was because of me. It was totally my fault. Why, you ask? Well because I went home for lunch, sat down on the couch with him (where the reading was occurring) and turned on the television. Big mistake, because when I was flipping through the stations I came across a race (I think Nascar) that had been postponed due to rain the previous day, so he watched that. Although it was very sweet because he said that watching the race wasn't nearly as fun without me next to him on the couch reading my book and completely ignoring the race. At least he knows how I roll.

4 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i gotta get that book.

i loved that movie and i bawled so much at the end.

mmm, cheeseburger!

 
At 3/21/2006 3:33 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love that movie too! It's actually one of my top picks when I need a good cry.

 
At 3/21/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Oh, I need to get that book.

and I love that you wrote "he knows how I roll!" I wish I had a dollar for everytime my husbands says that. It cracks me up!

 
At 3/21/2006 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the book is good. I've been reading Jen's blog for years.

The House of Sand and Fog - oy. Jeff picked it for us to watch one night and I wanted to jump off a bridge by the time it was over. The only movie that depressed me more was Leaving Las Vegas. It was really well acted though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home