Thursday, March 23, 2006

Grand Plans

I decided, this morning while laying in bed trying to deny that I was actually awake, that it is time for me to become more of an actual functioning human being. I've been in a funk for a while now and realized that I'm just wasting my days by not doing anything productive. It's starting to annoy me. My typical daily schedule is: Get up, shower and dress, go to work (where I don't get done nearly as much as I should), come home, make dinner, veg out in front of the television, head to bed (around 8) where I watch even more television, and fall asleep usually around 9 or 10.

This routine is getting old. I need to DO something. I'm in a rut and I can't seem to get out. Some days I exercise, but that has definitely fallen by the wayside, which has caused me to totally lose my bet with Aaron about losing 10 pounds in a month. I only made it halfway to my goal, which isn't bad, but still - I just need to do something.

Trouble is, I don't know what to do, and that is totally depressing. Everything sounds boring or expensive. Since we bought the new car and are trying to pay down all of our debt (and are doing a good job of it, I should add) expensive things are out.

The last time I needed something new in my life I went back to school and got my masters. Then, I got engaged and planned a wedding. Now all I have to fill my time is work and home. Don't get me wrong, I love work and I know that my job is fabulous, and of course my home life is wonderful, but I'm just bored which is something I hate to be. I think it's time to take some fun classes (like an art class, or maybe even a dance class) or get a new (and hopefully cheap) hobby.

What I definitely know is that I need something that will give me a big kick in the butt and get me moving, because this whole rut thing is thoroughly depressing.

2 Comments:

At 3/23/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

ugh. i feel like that ALL the time. i think taking a dance or art class is a most excellent idea. :)

 
At 3/23/2006 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting - again. Unfortunately, my SIL will hold a grudge for a long time, in fact hubby tried to call her again tonight and she wouldn't talk to him, it's her loss right?

I am in a rut as well and trying to figure out how to get out of it, so if you figure something out let me know as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home