Monday, May 08, 2006

Oh, Brother (the Dress Edition)

As mentioned previously, my little brother is getting married next month. It’s an outdoor wedding in one of the most beautiful parks I’ve ever seen. However, even though it is in June, it’s also in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula so June does not necessarily equal warm up there. So here’s my dilemma this week: what to wear to my brother’s wedding.

To complicate matters further, I also have a wedding to attend the weekend before my brother’s wedding and since we are tightening our budget to save for a house I need to have one dress that will work for both weddings. This wedding is near Detroit and is an inside wedding, so even if it is sort-of warm the reception location may be air conditioned. Also, if there are lots of open doors/windows at this location it may be pretty cold as the hall is right on Lake Huron.

So, what do I wear? I was thinking a nice dress in some shade of pink (not too pale of a pink though because then I look sort-of washed out) and maybe a sweater to go over it. A skirt/top combo would work too. I looked in my closet for something to re-wear, but since I’ve lost weight everything is a little big and nothing looks great. I looked for something like this on Saturday when I went shopping with my mom but either I couldn’t find anything I liked in my price range (about $50 to $75). The store where I used to always find the perfect dress or outfit was Casual Corner, but since that’s now closed I need to find somewhere new.

In any case, I need suggestions. Where should I look? Has anyone seen any really cute dresses out there that I should consider? Help, please!

3 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann Taylor and Talbots are great for spring/summer dresses. Also I bet you could find a real bargain if you look hard enough in Kohls, or Filene's Basement or TJ Maxx.
I would suggest a cute dress that you can wear into the summer and some sort of wrap, a shawl, a big scarf or a piece of pretty fabric that you can buy cheap, iron a hem into with sewing tape and use to keep warm if you need it.

 
At 5/08/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

check out

this for $29.99

or

this one for $59.99 you could put a peach sweater with it

or

The perfect little black $39.99

then spend the rest of your budget on shoes.

 
At 5/08/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i am not sure what your style is or what brand you tend towards but you can't go wrong with a simple dress with a different wrap/sweater or different shoes for each occassion.

:) sizz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home