Monday, May 15, 2006

On My Own

Aaron left yesterday afternoon for a business trip and is out of town until Friday. I am, of course, sad that he’s gone, but I am also kind of excited because him not being around means a few very exciting things:


1. Chinese food. Aaron hates Chinese food; I love it. So, I get to have Chinese food for dinner at some point this week. General Tso here I come!

2. Sleeping diagonally in bed. He’s going to hate this when he comes back because I’ll have gotten in the habit of taking up the whole bed and so will crowd him I’m sure. But I love spreading out as much as possible when I sleep, and so this week will be heavenly.

3. Letting my inner slob emerge a little. I was a complete slob growing up, mostly because I was too busy moving on to the next thing to clean up the last thing I made a mess with. I’ve gotten much better about this, and am generally a pretty neat person now, but Aaron is a neat freak. He can’t help it; his mother has the cleanest house I’ve ever seen, so he pretty much had no choice but to keep things in impeccable order. I appreciate this very much, because our apartment is usually company-ready at all times. Since he’s gone, this means I don’t have to pack away my cross-stitch project every night. Really that’s about as slob-ish as I’m going to be, but it feels good to not have to reorganize the threads for it every single day.

4. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I already miss him more than I thought I would. I think the main things I miss are having him to chat and cuddle with. The chatting thing really threw me off last night. I had gone hours without talking and was going through withdrawal. I called my mother and talked for so long that she, who complains we don’t talk enough anymore, interrupted me mid-sentence to say that she really had to go. Guess I must have been getting boring or something, droning on for the 40 minutes straight I had talked.

I am going out of town for business on Thursday and Friday and Aaron’s a little sad that he’s going to miss time home alone. When I’m gone and he has the place to himself, this means two very important things: he gets to play video games for 24 hours straight if his little heart desires (which, if I weren’t there to tell him to come to bed some nights, he might actually do this) and he doesn’t have to say “excuse me” for bodily functions. At least we both have our priorities.

4 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 1:26 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

he reasons for liking home alone time sound a lot like my bro-in-law. :)

enjoy the quiet time and the missing.

 
At 5/16/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Paige said...

Enjoy the chinese food. :) My hubby hates chinese too, so I never get it. It's so good (when he's not around). lol. :) hehe

 
At 5/16/2006 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time! I always find myself talking to the cats a lot more when Jeff goes out of town. It makes me wonder, if I didn't have him, I'd be one step away from being the crazy cat lady.

 
At 5/17/2006 1:20 AM, Blogger Isabel said...

You should just like me when my husband is out of town. But instead of chinese food...it's frozen pizza three times a day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home