Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Walk Through the History of Jessie

Well, work has been kind of busy lately, but there has been some fun interspersed with the craziness. We're having a picture contest where people are entering pictures of themselves from when they were kids and we have to vote in different categories, such as cutest, best hair, best expression, etc. Since my mom still has all my pictures from my childhood I asked her to scan some for me so that I would have a few to choose from for the contest. Here's what she sent:

Jessie's School Pictures Through the Years
Kindergarten:

First Grade:

(Side Note: This is the one I'm entering in the contest because of the toothless grin and the cat on my dress.)

Second Grade:

(aka when I most looked like Ramona Quimby, although there was a much better likeness to the old-school cover I had growing up than the one I linked to there.)

Third Grade:

Notice the stylish bangs that I styled myself each and every day that year. Everyone else got to have perms, and apparently I was feeling left out so I had do something weird with my hair too. Lovely, no?

Fourth Grade:

Surprisingly not embarrasing. I actually look fairly presentable here. That's because I was a late bloomer and didn't have my awkward phase until highschool, which of course made me ever-so-popular.

Fifth Grade: I wore that headband every-damn-day in fifth grade. You may not believe me, but it is the God's honest truth. Every day. It broke towards the end of the year and I cried so much you would have thought that I lost my best friend. I bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply, which was my favorite store ever, because oh-my-God all the makeup!

So there you have it. Jessie in grade school. The really sad thing? I still look mostly the same, only, you know, bigger and older. But there would be no mistaking me if you hadn't seen me since then. In fact, a few years back I was at the grocery store and ran into one of my mom's friends that I hadn't seen since I was about six years old, and she knew exactly who I was.

Hope you enjoyed my blasts from the past!

2 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 7:37 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

I love the blast from the past!

 
At 5/09/2006 8:10 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

ramona quimby! now that is a blast from the past. :)

love the cat on your shirt. way stylish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home