Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Party Report

So this past Friday was the party that I had been worried about and it actually went pretty smoothly. Aaron had a great time, which really was the point of the whole evening, so I’m really happy about that. I think everyone else had a good time too. The evening started out with a round of Settlers of Catan (our favorite game) with Aaron’s friend Joe. After the game, Alex called and said that he and his girlfriend were almost there, so Aaron headed out to the balcony to wave them in the right direction.

While he was out there Joe and I decided it would be a good idea to lock Aaron out on the balcony, just to torture him a little bit. We locked the deadbolt on the door, closed the blinds, let Alex and his girlfriend in, and pretended like we didn’t hear Aaron trying to get in for about five minutes before the whole thing lost it’s hilarity. It was pretty funny though. Aaron can be an easy mark, and I sometimes feel bad for taking advantage of that, but then I remember the times he takes advantage of me being the most gullible person on earth and I don’t feel quite so bad (like the time he convinced me the sun was burning out in five years – I plead early morning before coffee on that one).

After letting him back in and letting him cool down, we got everything ready (where everything equals me – I had to do a last-minute outfit change – and the cake) and headed to the restaurant where we were meeting the rest of the group. Dinner was awesome, even if the service was even worse than on Aaron’s actual birthday , and everyone loved the Margarita Cake (including and especially me, because that is one awesome cake and because I got a new bundt pan out of the deal because it’s the cake Aaron requested and I didn’t have the right pan so I had to go out and buy one, right?).

After dinner we headed out for the bowling alley. Bowling seems to be the required birthday activity among our local friends, as we go for just about everyone’s birthday. Well, actually, just for the men’s birthdays. For the girls we usually do dinner and a movie, or just an evening at our favorite bar.

Anyway, we bowled for about three hours (well, I only bowled one game because I pretty much suck at bowling and my first game was so bad that I decided not to waste any more money by really just throwing it in the gutter) and then headed home. Alex and his girlfriend decided not to stay over so it was just Aaron, Joe and I. We ended up ordering pizza at one a.m. (something I haven’t done in years) and talking for just a little while before hitting the sack.

I was really worried about how the whole evening would turn out, mostly because I didn’t have anything else to worry about this weekend and if I’m not worrying I don’t know what to do with myself, but also because I really wanted Aaron to have a great time. He claims he did, so I guess that means mission accomplished.

2 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

congrats on a mission accomplished!

 
At 5/17/2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Paige said...

sounds like a great evening...and that margarita cake sounds delicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home