Thursday, May 18, 2006

Roadtrip, with a business twist

Warning to those who haven't watched the ANTM finale yet - there are spoilers at the end of this post.

Well, I'm off today on a business trip, so I have to finish packing and I don't have much time to post. The best thing about this business trip? We're staying at a resort in one of my favorite Michigan cities. It's going to be awesome. Also, I've convinced my co-worker who's going with me that we should swing by my favorite vineyard while we're there for a wine tasting, and so that I can pick up a bottle of my favorite of their wines, that you can only buy there. I'm so pumped about this trip!

The worst part though? We're driving up with our client, so we have to be on our best behavior, and we have to come back home much earlier than we had originally planned. Also, we're missing a pizza party at work tomorrow, but that's not quite as big of a deal.

Anyway, and on a totally different subject, did anyone catch America's Next Top Model last night? I was so excited that Danielle won. I definitely thought she had the most potential, and I am so, so, so happy that Jade was not in the final two. She really just annoyed the crap out of me. I didn't think they'd pick Danielle, what with the big deal they'd been making about her accent, but I'm very happy they did. That being said, I think that the announcement of the winner on that show always lacks a certain suspense. I mean, there's suspense around who will win, but the announcement isn't all that exciting. It seems other reality shows really build up the suspense more, and on ANTM they're more like "Okay, well you win. Yippee!" Boring.

4 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 9:20 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

missing a pizza party? at my work, that is like a christmas bonus!

have a good trip.

 
At 5/18/2006 9:32 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

I was so glad Jade wasn't in the final two. SO GLAD. But I was surprised that Danielle got it -- I really thought they were leaning toward Joanie. I would have liked to have known why they chose Danielle -- I think she had a stronger presence than Joanie and that's why, maybe, but I think Joanie was more versatile. Good season, though, regardless of who won.

 
At 5/18/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Lena said...

First, missing any pizza sucks. Don't downplay it. ;)

Second, this is the first season of ANTM that I missed because I just could not take another season of Tyra's longwinded "Congratulationsyou'restillintherunningtowardsbecomingAmerica'sNextTopModel". Must she shamelessly self-promote 97 times every episode?

Maybe next season I'll use Tivo and just fast forward past her annoying-ness (well, that should be a word).

 
At 5/19/2006 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time road tripping!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home