Monday, May 29, 2006

If you can't take the heat...

Well, it's been a great holiday weekend, and the weather has been beautiful, except for one thing: it's really incredibly freaking hot. Like 90 degrees with outrageous humidity hot. Like it was 85 degrees in our apartment afternoon which caused us to turn on our air conditioning a full month ahead of the normal schedule hot.

Needless to say we've spent the afternoons this weekend inside only venturing out in the early morning or late evening. This is not normal Michigan weather for May.

In other news, I finally decided on which shoes to wear for my brother's wedding next weekend:


It seemed to be the consensus on this post that these were the best choice, and I have to say, I agreed. So I returned the other ones (after begging Aaron to let me keep both - he said no) and got these instead. And they match beautifully.

In another follow-up from that post, there is resolution to the crocheting class screw-up. Apparently the teacher is out of town on extended leave due to a family emergency - at least that's what her work voicemail says. So I'm not mad at the teacher, just mad at the store for not following up with her to find out if she would be available to teach or not, and for not letting me know that there wasn't a confirmed class. I asked for a refund and the pattern, got both, and I have a coworker who is going to teach me next week on lunch breaks everything I need to know about crocheting. I'm also signing up for a beginning knitting class for July so I can learn how to do that to, and it is, of course, at a different, more reliable store. I won't be going through that whole mess again.

4 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided on the shoes. I really like those; they are sassy!

Might I suggest a book to enhance your crochet lessons? I absolutely love this book, and there is a similar one for knitting by the same author. I hope you enjoy crocheting/knitting!

 
At 5/30/2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! It's so funny that last week it was unseasonably cold here and suddenly it's baking hot and people are still complaining. Cracks me up! I'll take 90 degrees in May over 50 any old time, but I guess that's why I'm moving to Florida :o)

 
At 5/30/2006 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you're learning to crochet! I'm a horrible teacher, but I have tons of patterns that I love if you ever need any.

 
At 5/31/2006 11:55 AM, Blogger Paige said...

I really need those shoes. I have the earrings to match them. :/ NEED SHOES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home