Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Good Friends, Good Life

Last night did not go as planned. It actually went better than planned, but it is also why there is still no wedding post (I’ll get to it eventually).

I was exhausted still yesterday and so decided to (yet again) skip my workout and head home. Boy, am I glad I made that decision. I had completely forgotten that my friend K and her fiancée were driving through town and stopping in for dinner. Oops. Good thing I had lots of food on hand to prepare.

K and I have been friends since we were two years old when we met at daycare. She was my maid of honor at my wedding, and I’m serving in that role at her wedding in August. She was living in California, but is home for the summer and then she and her fiancée are headed east for the next year or so while he does his internship. They have been on the road since last Wednesday, and so they really needed a pit stop and some home-cooked food, and since I’m on the direct path from where they were to where they were headed it just made sense for them to stop by. I’m so glad they did. We had a great time.

Aaron and I whipped up grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce, sweet potatoes, zucchini and a salad, we opened a bottle of wine (a nice spicy zin…mmm…) and we sat around the table for about two hours talking about everything from weddings to religion to cars.

With them living in California for the past couple of years I rarely got to see them, or even talk to K nearly as much as I’d like to (she was in school and therefore very busy). Now that she’s back in the state for the summer I’m looking forward to the chance to catch up on all the time we’ve missed. One of the true joys in my life are my friends and I’m so glad that K has stayed around for so long. Good friends make life so much better.

2 Comments:

At 6/07/2006 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when you get together with old friends. Even if you haven't seen each other in years, I love that you can usually just jump back in a gab non-stop like you were just together last week. Sounds like a lovely evening.

 
At 6/07/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

that's awesome to have a friend like k who has known you so long. sounds like a lovely night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home