Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Quickie

I’m swamped at work today, but I’ll just leave you with this quick anecdote from this morning:

I was taking my normal route to work, when I noticed a cop waiting in a little pull-off to the side of the road; waiting to pull someone over for speeding. This little stretch of the road has a speed limit a little under what you’d expect for a country road. All of the sudden I got a deep, sinking feeling in my stomach. I hadn’t been paying attention to my speed at all. Aaron would kill me if I got a speeding ticket right now, especially since we’re planning on dropping some big money on a romantic vacation next week, and we can’t afford a speeding ticket or the insurance increase and a vacation. Panic set in. I quickly took my foot off the gas pedal and looked down at my speedometer to see how bad it was going to be if I got pulled over.

I was going ten miles per hour under the speed limit.

Yep, I totally drive like a grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home