Thursday, May 25, 2006

For All My Fellow Winos

Um....try this:

I know the picture sucks. For some reason my camera was more interested in focusing in on my placemat than the bottle, and the label is wet from chilling it.

Anyway...It's Famega (Caves da Cerca) Vinho Verde. I first read about this in Smart Money's June issue, and I've been bugging my wine guy to get some in since. Here's the deal: It's from Portugal, it's slightly green, but basically you couldn't tell it from a white in color, it's slightly bubbly, and it's absolutely delicious.

Here's what Smart Money said about this particular wine:

Crisp, slightly spritzy and totally lovely. Very clean, but with some minerality that adds an interesting, slightly earthy finish and gives it great grounding. Terrific acidity makes it great with cold shrimp by the pool.

That description is right on the money (hehehe). It's very totally lovely, and that's not just the wine talking. It's very drinkable and if you like fruity chardonnays you'll love this. Best part? It's only about $6 a bottle and totally worth it.

Mmmm....I love wine, and this one is the perfect way to finish off the first hot, humid Michigan summer day.

2 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drink way more red wine than white and I'm always looking for a good white for summertime. Thanks for the tip!

Also so glad to know your ear is a little better. Have a great weekend!

 
At 5/31/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Renee said...

I think I'll try that1 nice blog you have here!:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home