Thursday, August 17, 2006

Taking the Cheap Way Out

I stole this from Ms. Sizzle, who posted it a while back, because it looked like a fun meme. Also, nothing exciting is going on in my life, except for a crappy day yesterday that I'd rather not dwell on. So a meme it is! Here you go:

Grub-ology:

  • What is your salad dressing of choice? My absolute favorites are a tie: Ken's Steakhouse Lite Caesar and my grandfather's recipe for roquefort vinaigrette.
  • What is your favorite fast food restaurant? Well, if we had them here, it would be Sonics, because, seriously, have you seen all the ice cream treats they have? Yeah. If we had Sonics here I would weigh probably 50 pounds more than I do now. Unfortunately they like to taunt us with their commercials, but won't build in Michigan (my dad called - he's as interested in the ice cream treats as I am) because since they depend so much on their cold menu items for sales, and since it's cold in Michigan for so much of the year, they don't think they'll sell enough. I think they underestimate the lure of ice cream. But yeah. I don't have a favorite fast food restaurant. I try to avoid them whenever possible.
  • What is your favorite sit down restaurant? That's a tough one. I'd say the one we go to most is a little pub in the next town over called The Peanut Barrel, but it's really more of a pub than a "sit-down" restaurant, but you do sit down and are waited on so I'll count it here.
  • On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant? 20%. And I always tip that much or more unless the service is horrible. Then they get 15% which Aaron still thinks is too much.
  • What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? I think I'll have to say pasta with vodka sauce (so yummy!), but I think I'd have to have vegetables on the side, because if I didn't I'd miss them. I love to eat a lot of vegetables, and feel so much better when I do.
  • Name three foods you detest above all others. Lima beans, egg salad, and mustard. Although technically that last one is a condiment, but this one is really tough. I'll eat pretty much anything.
  • What is your favorite dish to order in a Chinese restaurant?
    Well, there’s only one restaurant I’ve found that makes this particular dish, and it’s in my hometown. It’s called Princess Chicken and it’s non-breaded chicken in a spicy garlic sauce with onions, peppers and peanuts. It’s awesome. But since most places don’t have that I tend to stick to something “Kung Pao” or vegetable lo mein. There’s a Chinese restaurant near where I work and they have a menu item titled “Vegetarian General Tso’s Chicken”. I’ve never asked what that is, and I’m a little afraid to. I’m thinking they only feed the chickens vegetables. What do you think?
  • What are your pizza toppings of choice? Well, there are two standards in our house. One is pepperoni and mushroom, and the other is pepperoni, tomatoes and banana peppers. Both are delicious and it depends on the day which set of toppings is my favorite.
  • What do you like to put on your toast? Peanut Butter. Hands-down, that’s my favorite.
  • What is your favorite type of gum? I think chewing gum is gross in general, but if I have bad breath and it’s the only thing around, I’ll chew a piece of mint gum.

Tech-ology:

  • Number of contacts in your cell phone? Fourteen. But, I just got a new phone and haven’t put in everyone’s number yet. Just those I call regularly.
  • Number of contacts in your e-mail address book? Probably over a hundred.
  • What is your wallpaper on your computer? On my work computer it’s a picture of a cherry tree from my vacation in July.
  • What is your screensaver on your computer? A slideshow of all the pictures I have on my computer.
  • Are there naked pictures saved on your computer? No.
  • How many land line phones do you have in your house? One.
  • How many televisions are in your house? Two.
  • What kitchen appliance do you use the least? Probably my griddle. It’s never been used actually. But of the ones that are sitting out, I’d say my KitchenAid. I only use it once a week whereas I use my coffee grinder, coffee pot, and toaster almost every day.
  • What is the format of the radio station you listen to the most? I listen to the commercial-free college station or NPR. The college station plays mostly independent, alternative-type music.
  • How many sex toys do you own that require batteries? Um, pleading the fifth.

Bi-ology:

  • What do you consider to be your best physical attribute? I like my feet. They’re not too big, not too small, and have a high arch. Aaron teases me that if I stand on my tiptoes they look like Barbie feet.
  • Are you right handed or left handed? Right.
  • Do you like your smile? Sure do.
  • Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Just my wisdom teeth. Oh, and some extra fat cells from when I had a puncture wound on the back of my knee. They were hanging out and so the doctor just cut them away so he could clean up the wound. Kind of gross, I know. Sorry.
  • Would you like to? Nah. I like everything just where it is.
  • Do you prefer to read when you go to the bathroom? Not really. If there’s something there, but mostly then I’m sitting in there reading and not going to the bathroom. So I prefer to read elsewhere.
  • Which of your five senses do you think is keenest? I’d say my eyesight. I can play Where’s Waldo and win every time.
  • When was the last time you had a cavity? Last summer. It was my first. I was very sad.
  • What is the heaviest item you lift regularly? Probably a container full of clothes that I keep on a shelf in my closet. I lift it down to get something out and then have to put it back up. It’s probably about 50 pounds.
  • Have you ever been knocked unconscious? I’ve fainted but it’s never been because I was knocked unconscious.


Misc-ology:

  • If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? No. I like surprises. And I’d probably worry myself to death before that day actually got here if I knew when it was.
  • If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? I like my name, but if I had to change it I’d probably pick Grace, even though I’m not the most graceful person by far. It's my grandmother's first name, and I think it's lovely.
  • How do you express your artistic side? Sewing, crocheting, knitting, writing, painting…pretty much you name it, I do it.
  • What color do you think you look best in? I like myself in blueish-green hues.
  • How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison? Not very long. I get bored easily and am kind of a wimp. But hey, I could surprise myself, I guess.
  • Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake? Not by mistake. My mom has told me about quite a few things I ate on purpose when I was a little kid.
  • If we weren’t bound by society’s conventions, do you have a relative you would make a pass at? I’m going to go with none here. I can’t get past society’s conventions.
  • How often do you go to church? Probably a couple of times a year. I'll be more serious about going when I have a kid, probably.
  • Have you ever saved someone’s life? Not personally, although I can name a few people who have saved mine.
  • Has someone ever saved yours? Not from anything dangerous, but there are people that have helped, just by being there, more than they’ll ever know.


Dare-ology: For this last section, if you would do it for less or more money, indicate how much.

  • Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000? If I weren’t going to be arrested? Sure. I’d want someone to walk with me though.
  • Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? Sure. But just a quick peck.
  • Would you have sex with a member of the same sex for $10,000? Happily married, thanks. I think that would mess that up too much to even consider it.
  • Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? No. I like my little fingers! And I type all the time so that would make it way hard.
  • Would you never blog again for $50,000? Sure. But I can’t say I’d stay away from blogs completely. I'd have to still be able to read as many as I wanted.
  • Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000? Sure, if tastefully done. I wouldn’t do hustler or anything like that. I’d prefer it to be like a Vogue photo spread.
  • Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Sure. Make it Franks. Hot is a misnomer there.
  • Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000? I’m so not violent, but if they had hurt someone I loved, it would be a possibility.
  • Would you shave your head and get your entire body waxed for $5,000? I guess so. Could I wear a wig?
  • Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? I sure would. I try all the time to watch less television. $25,000 would definitely be enough motivation to get me to stop. Although I’d have to have the televisions removed from my house because I’m not good with avoiding temptation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home