Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Because I'm Random Like That

The kids in this area are all far more lucky than I ever have been in my entire life. How could they be so lucky, you ask? Oh, it's easy. They had a two-hour fog delay on their first day of school today. That's seriously lucky. I still had to drag my ass to work though.

***************************************************************************************

Aaron will kill me if he reads this, but I'm totally going to tell you anyway. A few weeks ago he bought some pre-marinated pork loins at the grocery store, and decided to cook one of them on his next "in charge of dinner" night. He cooked it for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees "just like the package said to" he claimed, but it was still pink in the center, and the meat thermometer read only 120 degrees. But! Martha Stewart said one day, when he happened to pass through the room, that it is okay to eat pork that is slightly pink in the center, and actually it's so juicy and tender that way, you should really only cook pork to medium. So, he served it.

I ate a piece to be nice, he ate two pieces, threw the rest away, and we were both visited with some not-so-nice intestinal issues the next day.

Today I decided I'd be brave and try the other pork loin, so I thawed it out and set about to cook it for dinner tonight. I looked at the back of the package and read the directions for baking, "Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes per pound of meat". Those last four words there are important to note: "Per Pound of Meat". The loin is a pound and a half.

Aha!

So, I threw that sucker in the oven for an hour and it came out perfectly, and boy was it delicious. Aaron talked about how great it was, as were the green beans and tomato salad I served. Then he admitted he'd rather have eaten pizza tonight.

Why didn't he just tell me in the first place? I'm always up for pizza. Looks like tomorrow may be a pizza night. Woohoo!

*************************************************************************************

I'm a little ashamed to admit this, because I always thought it was weird, but here goes: I've started visiting a chiropractor. I decided to try it out to see how it affects my ear issues I've been having for about six months now. I've only been once, but my second visit is tomorrow.

I do have a question for those of you who have been to a chiropractor before, though. I don't know exactly how to put this, but does your chiropractor repeatedly rub their hand (lightly) up your butt? Because mine did. I couldn't tell what she was doing it for, maybe to move my jeans higher so she could see if my feet were even? At least that's what I'm hoping it was for. Or maybe I had a lot of lint she was brushing off? That's kind of what it felt like. I was a little weirded out by that, but the rest of it went pretty well. Her partner in the practice is doing my appointment tomorrow, so I guess I'll get to see if she does it too or if it was an isolated, somewhat disturbing, incident. Wish me luck?

2 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had chiropractic but never any butt rubbing. I have had them tap the bottom of my feet to see if my legs were even and they pull your legs. If it made you uncomfortable, you have every right to ask what the purpose was.

 
At 9/07/2006 12:41 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Ummm. You have an ear problem and she is rubbing your butt? Sounds strange to me. HA! Really, I went to a Chiropractic years ago for a trampoline accident injury. Funny story there. Anyway, I never got the butt rub. If the next lady does it, I would ask what the purpose is. Don't tell them that you like it! :)

Good luck on your second visit. Let us know how it turns out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home