Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Definitely Not Like an Elephant

I had a great post all planned out for this morning. I even revised it in my head a few times last night while I was trying to fall asleep. It was great - funny, touching, and then funny again - but I'll be damned if I can remember one singular detail this morning. My memory, it is failing me. So instead you get to hear about what is exciting me today.

Thing 1: Aaron is bringing me a latte any minute now. He didn't make coffee this morning and I was a little bummed (for some reason I can't make a decent cup of coffee with our current coffee maker, but he makes excellent coffee with it), so I said "I'll just grab a latte on my way to work". Then he said, "Or, I'll grab you one since I have my dentist appointment right down the street from your office this morning, and damnit, Jess, why do you always ruin my surprises?"

Oops. So, yes. He's bound to be here any minute with a steaming hot, sweet, coffee-licious latte. Mmmm.

Thing 2: I recently discovered that you can rent dvds for free from our local library. Not only that, they have quite the selection. So I put "The Family Stone" on hold and they'll call me when it comes in. This is the best system EVER! They do charge late fees, but only $.50 per day, so it's not too bad. I love the library. (For books, too, of course.)

Thing 3: This is the thing I'm most excited about, and the thing that will make the day crawl by until 5:30 rolls around. I'm getting my hair cut today. Like really cut. Short(ish). I can't wait. I'm tired of my long flat boring hair, and when it's short I can do more things with it because it's not all weighed down. I'll have volume! It's just so damn thrilling I can barely stand it. Of course, Aaron's not thrilled, but he'll live. I'm sure he'll love it when he sees it, he just can't picture it now.

Oh! Here he is with my latte! This is going to be a great day.

3 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will post pictures of your new haircut, won't you? Please?

We reserve DVDs at the library all the time. Trouble is, so does everyone else in this town, so for most of the movies on our hold list we're something like 423rd in line. But we'll eventually make our way to number 1, and then we can watch a free movie!

And now I am totally craving good coffee. Enjoy your latte!

 
At 10/03/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

getting a haircut is the BEST (followed closely by someone bringing you a latte).

What an excellent day!

 
At 10/04/2006 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED it when my hair was short. It was this pixie-ish thing with long bangs and practically shaved up the back. Oh and crazy highlights. Very 80's wann-be punk. I adored it.

Victor hated it.

Why do men hate short hair so much?

PS. I want pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home