Monday, October 02, 2006

Texting

I don't text. Honestly, I don't even know how to send a text message, and we don't have it on our wireless plan, so I just don't. Sometimes I wish I did though, especially after reading posts like this one over at MetroDad, which made me laugh till I cried. ("Ninjas killed my family. Need money for karate lessons." = Texting Genius)

Now, although I don't text, some of my friends do, so I do get a text message every now and again, and this weekend I got a doozy.

You see, it was homecoming weekend in town and so it was a little crazy around here. Aaron and I wisely (or lazily) avoided the downtown area, but some of our friends headed out for some alumni fun. One friend texted me Saturday night, and I didn't get it until Sunday morning, otherwise I would have attempted to text her back.

The message was: "I just saw a black cowboy, thought of your mom, and giggled."

I had just woken up, so it took me a moment to acclimate, but then I read it to Aaron and we both laughed until there were tears streaming down our faces.

Of course there is a good backstory to this, which can be summed up thusly: we spent an entire half day once searching for evidence to prove to my mom that there were black cowboys. Not that she has anything against black cowboys, she doesn't, it's just something she never considered, so it didn't mesh with her world view I guess. She insisted that we were wrong, but we did manage to round up some evidence to the contrary. I have to say there was much laughing that day.

I had forgotten about this story until this text message came through and reminded me, and I laughed almost as much all over again. Note to self: must learn to text so that more hillarious moments ensue.

1 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your mom should watch Deadwood. On second thought, probably not :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home