Wednesday, December 06, 2006

6 Weird Things About Me

"According to the rules...Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things about You." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"

I was tagged by CPA mom for this meme, which I've been seeing all over, and which has resulted in some fun information about some of my favorite bloggers.

Hmmm...this is hard, and I'm busy, so I'm going to have to update throughout the day.

Weird Thing About Me #1: I have no ear lobes. That's right, you heard me. I have no ear lobes. Aaron tells me it's because I'm streamlined, and I reply well if the no ear lobes thing makes me faster (less wind resistance, you know) then I'd hate to see how slow I would be if I had ear lobes. But I don't. My ears just connect straight to my head with no hangy down part. My sister loves to make fun of me for this. I make fun of her for many reasons, so it's only fair that I have one semi-flaw she can pick on, I guess.

Also "ear lobes" is one of those things that if you type it enough it starts to look wrong.

Weird Thing About Me #2: I didn't have a middle name until I was 25. When I got married I took my maiden name as my middle name, so now I do have one, and I was very excited because now I can have cool looking monograms on things (not that I've gotten anything monogrammed since I was married, but I could if I wanted to, and that's the point). When I was little, other kids didn't believe I didn't have a middle name, and they thought I was just hiding a really bad one. Also many people have made up middle names for me. I had one friend who called me Jessie Marie for years. My brother and sister don't have middle names either and people have made up middle names for them too. Apparently there are lots of people out there who think a middle name is a must. My mom doesn't have a middle name and insists it's because she was 6 of 8 kids and my grandmother got lazy around then and just forgot to give her one.

Yes, I have a whole "middle name" saga. It's already gotten too long. Also this list seems to be, so far, things I don't have.

Weird Thing About Me #3: I'm allergic to beer. People who like beer think this is a great tragedy. Aaron likes it because it means more beer for him. There are plenty of other things to drink, so I'm okay with the whole "not being able to drink beer" thing. With other alcohol I just break out in a rash on my face and chest during the first drink, but it goes away soon after (I'm thinking maybe I'm allergic to all alcohol, and it's just worse for beer, but I'm not giving up drinking, and you can't make me). With beer, if I drink about half a can I throw up. I actually like the taste of beer, but it has never failed that when I try to drink it, it doesn't stay down. Strangely, I have an uncle that has the same affliction, and he says it's "hops intolerance". So, okay, I guess I'm just allergic to the hops.

Weird Thing About Me #4: I can't pee if someone else is in the room. This goes for public restrooms too. I have a "shy bladder" apparently, and no matter how much I want to go, I just can't. Unless, of course, I'm in a packed restroom and no one can tell it's me going, and then I have no problem at all.

This is a big problem at work because I especially can't go if someone I know is in the room or can possibly hear. However, at home, if Aaron can hear I don't mind. We do keep the doors closed, though, so he's never in the room when I'm going.

Weird Thing About Me #5: One of my pupils is oval-shaped. You're pupils aren't supposed to be oval shaped, let alone only one of them. This concerned the optamologist the last time I went in, so she dialated my eyes. Here's a helpful hint. Don't go to an optamologist's office 30 minutes away from your house by yourself, during the day when your husband is over an hour away at work. It's not a fun drive home, and my eyes were dialated for hours, so it's not like I could have waited it out. Thankfully I made it home before the worst of it. Not-so-thankfully, I had forgotten my sunglasses that day so they gave me those oh-so-stylish paper ones and I gave myself a paper cut on my ear while putting them on.

One more to go, and I can't think of anything right now. I promise I'll think of something before the end of the work day, though.

Weird Thing About Me #6: Okay, my one co-worker who knows about this gives me crap for it, and it is really weird, I admit, but here goes: I eat McDonald's for lunch once a month, on the day I'm supposed to get my period. Sorry if that's TMI, but it's true. I don't know why or when this started, but now it's become a ritual and I have to do it. It weirds Aaron out too, mostly because he can't stand McDonalds food and can't believe I eat there.

So, there they are. Six weird things about me. Can you handle it? Are you going to run away now? Am I as weird as Aaron tells me I am (he says he loves all my quirks almost as much as he loves me)?

5 Comments:

At 12/06/2006 9:19 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Of course I immediately checked your Flickr sidebar for evidence of a freakish deformity, but your ears look normal, to me. They do look a little more streamlined, though. I have ear lobes, but when you think about it, ear lobes are kind of gross. Little flaps of droopy skin...ew.

 
At 12/06/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Eris said...

I don't have earlobes either, but in runs in my family, so I've never thought it was too odd. Now, the oval shaped eye thing? Odd.

 
At 12/07/2006 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! That McDonalds thing is weird. But I like it. Maybe I can develop that kind of weirdness.

 
At 12/07/2006 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that you don't have earlobes at all or that they are attatched to your head? And a follow up question... do you have your ears pierced?

 
At 12/08/2006 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list.

I took my maiden name as my middle name, too (although I had a middle name to start with...I just kicked it to the curb).

I had a shy bladder until college. Now, I can go anywhere, anytime. I don't know, though...maybe that's weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home