Friday, December 29, 2006

Project Time

Well, it happened. I was invited to the baby shower for the woman I talked about a long time ago at the bottom of this post. I wasn't going to go on principle, but my co-workers needled me until I agreed and RSVPed, so I'm going. There's a group gift, to which we're each expected to give $20 unless we're getting our own gift for the mom-to-be. Yeah, right. So I decided to do my own gift and start a new project at the same time. Here's the gift (two parts):


They're baby hats. She's having a boy, so I went the obnoxiously traditional route and made a blue one. Then, because it didn't take nearly as long as I wanted it to (about 1.5 hours) I made another one using a different pattern.

Aaron asked why I was spending so much time on someone when I didn't even want to go to the shower in the first place. Really, my reasons are all selfish, and include: 1) I love when people fawn over something I made with my own two hands, and 2) I really needed more practice following crochet patterns. I started in on a blanket last night, which may or may not go to this woman as well. It really all depends on if I can finish it on time. I'm not going to rush and try to finish it before then. If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't I know two other people who are having babies within the next couple of months.

Also, the biggest way to start an even higher baby fever in my husband is to make really tiny things and then show him. It also worked on a couple of women at work. Oh, and me too. Now I totally want a baby, like, yesterday.

4 Comments:

At 12/29/2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) I love when people fawn over something I made with my own two hands,
ME TOO!!!

I made my niece her birthday cake last week and it was adorable. There is a picture on my blog... two days ago I think. Maybe yesterday? Anyway I enjoy making stuff and then letting people tell me now they wish they could do it. hA! Did I just admit that outloud?

 
At 12/29/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Eris said...

Just don't go all mommyblogger on us, okay?

 
At 12/31/2006 2:49 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Oh, god...just seeing those caps gets me all baby-feverish.

And I just got back from vacation and found a Christmas card with my first (brand new!) nephew on it...

I want a baby in 2004.

 
At 12/31/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

ROFL, I just blogged about getting baby myself today.

The hats are adorable

 

Post a Comment

<< Home