Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Florida Dreamin'

First things first, you can still post on the last two posts; either by delurking on this one or by helping me with a costume idea (help! I need help!) on this one.

Over the past few days Aaron and I have been discussing when we're going to take our trip to Florida to see his parents. Scheduling this trip is tricky for several reasons, including:

1) We can't go in April, because Aaron's brother and his wife are having a baby in April and so his parents will most likely be here.
2) I'm taking an online class for work that goes from February 12th to the end of March. We don't know how much work this will require me to do (probably an hour or two per day), so we don't know how it will affect our travel plans.
3) We'd like to go sooner rather than later.
4) I have a business trip at the end of this month which falls right in the time Aaron originally wanted to go.
5) We can't go in the second half of March because one of my coworkers goes on maternity leave then and so it will just be too busy to go away at that time.
6) We're flying with an airline that only flies on Mondays and Fridays and has 3 fares, $69, $99, and $139 (each way), and Aaron wants to avoid the more expensive fare, so our travel days are limited that way.

Do you think we could make this any more difficult on ourselves?

Anyway, we're trying to figure it out because we really want to get down there. Throw in the fact that winter really has arrived (snowy and really freaking cold here right now) and then the fact that I found out one of my very best friends from college lives about 20 minutes away from my in-law's house and wants to take us partying in Miami while we're there, and I'm about to run down to Florida if I have to, just to get there as soon as possible.

Yeah, I'm slightly excited. And did I mention I've never been to Florida before? Because I haven't. And now I have to go about once a year. I already love my in-laws and now I have even more reason to want to go visit them.

I am really just too excited.

Until I think about all the gym and diet time I'm going to have to put in between now and then. At least I have new motivation to get my butt to the gym and not eat bad-for-me food (like the delicious macaroni and cheese I had last night, which truly was about the most delicious macaroni and cheese I've ever had).

But still. Excited!

4 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

It seems like the only place I go is Florida.

If you want you can go and visit my in laws there, I don't care for them and they have a nice spare room.

 
At 1/10/2007 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live down here. Ft Laud for 8 years and now central Fl (hate), my recommendation is to find time in March or April. It'll have warmed up but not be hot. You'll avoid most of the snowbirds and it's before rainy season.

 
At 1/11/2007 11:44 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Sounds like fun! I was just telling Nick that we need to plan a trip so we'll have something to look forward to.

 
At 1/12/2007 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You'll have a blast down here. If you can't make it before May, never fear. The rainy season doesn't really start until June and it won't be super hot yet, but it will still be a nice little summer preview.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home