Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Two Things Tuesday

First, if you haven't delurked yet, feel free to do so on yesterday's post.

Secondly, I need some help from you all. I have a birthday/costume party to go to this weekend and I need help figuring out what to go as. You see I have to dress up as a famous Dave, Becki, John, or Kurt (or any variation of one of these names, i.e. David, Rebecca, Jonathan, Jean, Johann, etc.), and I have no idea what to do.

("No more with the sneaky wet willie attacks.

I have thwarted your evil plans!")

My lovely husband (pictured above, just because I had to share this photo) is going as Dave Grohl (and will most likely be getting lucky that night because my number one rockstar crush is on Dave Grohl - TMI? Sorry!). We're spraying his hair black, shaving his beard down, and he'll be wearing his "Rock" shirt, his guitar hero guitar, and talking about how much he likes to effing scream and how he ate some food that gave him intestinal problems last night. It will be awesome.

The only idea I have so far is to go as Kurt Cobain, so we're kind of a pair. For this costume I would have to wear flannel, a longjohn shirt, and torn jeans, but also dye my hair blonde, which I'm not sure I want to do.

(Or, I just realized, I could try to find a blonde wig. that would probably be a little less drastic, huh?)

Then I would have to make sure said blonde hair is in my face all night. It would be a good excuse to buy a new pair of Chucks though.

So, yes. Can you think of a better idea of someone I could go as? I'm getting desperate as the party is only a few days away and other people have way better ideas than I do.

Oooh, I just thought of another idea. I could wear the same kind of clothes, but make my hair into a mullet (just pin back the sides and top somehow) and be Kurt Russell. There has to be someone more obscure though. And also, am I the only one who pictures Patrick Swazye when I'm trying to conjure up a mental picture of Kurt Russell? Must be a similar mullet issue.

9 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They both rock a mean mullet.

Also, Dave Grohl? Really?

 
At 1/09/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger RichM said...

Thinking...is "Beck" an acceptable variation? No?

 
At 1/09/2007 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Ca, I am a loyal reader of yours and I thought I'd officially "delurk". I read about 8 blogs regularly and I never comment but since you have requested it I will start. I still have to figure out how to sign in but for now I will remain anonymous. You're blog is great and one of my faves! Not sure how I found you though, maybe through Amalah?? Oh well, keep writing! And Happy New Year!

 
At 1/09/2007 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and if you are interested, here is a link to my SIL's blog, she also posted about delurking. You might like this one...

http://20-minutes-of-my-life.blogspot.com/

She likes comments too and I told her about the delurking week so she posted about it. Thanks for the tip! -- anonymous again : )

 
At 1/10/2007 9:06 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Hmmm...I can't come up with anything really clever at the moment, but I'll think on it. If you want to go the super cheesy route, you could go as John Cougar Mellencamp. ;)

 
At 1/10/2007 11:02 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i wanted to post this yesterday but blogger was being bitchy.

it HAD to be a guy who thought this party costume idea up- all the names are male! minus Rebecca. i can't think of one famous rebecca, becky, etc.

oooh! you could be Beck. does that count?

 
At 1/10/2007 7:59 PM, Blogger Steph said...

You could always be Jon Stewart, but I'm sure someone else will think of that one, too.

 
At 1/12/2007 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... John the Baptist witgh a toga and something about beheading?

How about Rebekkah of Sunnybrook farm?

That's a tough one. It should be an interesting party!

 
At 1/14/2007 8:08 PM, Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Um...your husband? Is a hottie.

In a unibomber sort of way.

(Might be the hoodie.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home