Monday, January 08, 2007

Winter Starts

Well, the work onslaught continues, and most likely will for the rest of the month, but I'm okay with that. There's not much else to do around here in January, so it's cool.

In other, fairly exciting, news, winter has finally decided to grace us with its presence. The weather outside, it is crappy and makes me want to stay in bed under mounds of blankets to counteract the mounds of snow that are outside. We love it though, and a common saying around here is, "If it's going to be cold, then it should at least snow." Which is exactly what happened: it got cold yesterday morning (finally!) and then it started snowing yesterday evening, and hasn't stopped since.

But anyway, I'm here at work at 7:30 for a reason (and not just because we had to take my car to the shop at 7). Did anyone else finally get winter this weekend?

4 Comments:

At 1/08/2007 8:26 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Nope; here in Virginia, we're still waiting for winter. It hasn't even snowed once yet this season!

This morning, the local weatherman said that it should feel like winter by Wednesday. I hope he's right!

 
At 1/08/2007 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday I laid in my hammock under a tree with beautiful green leaves on it, bought ice cream from the ice cream man and picked tangerines from the tree in my backyard :o)

 
At 1/08/2007 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow! I'm sitting here in short sleeves. I miss snow.

 
At 1/08/2007 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've had so much winter here lately that I'm over it. You can keep it. Summer can come any time -- the sooner the better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home