Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Healthy Food Obsession: Thwarted

Last night I was exhausted when I got home. I had only slept about 3 hours the night before, had a crazy busy day at work, and then hit the gym for 30+ minutes on the elliptical. Suffice it to say, I was not in the mood to cook dinner last night.

Usually when I'm like that, Aaron will throw together some sandwiches or something. Last night apparently he didn't want to throw together some sandwiches or something, so when he went into the kitchen to grab something for us to eat, he came back with a giant bowl of Cheetos for us to share (you would think he'd remember how dangerous that is when my mood is sub-par, but apparently he didn't). Then, since Cheetos were not enough of a dinner to fill me up, I had a small scoop of ice cream and a giant chocolate chip cookie to round out my less-than-square meal. Aaron opted for a different dessert: three rolls of Life Savers. That's right. THREE ROLLS of Life Savers. It was one of those days when he lived up to my nickname for him: The Candy Monster.

After reading that you probably wouldn't believe me when I tell you that we've been working hard at eating healthy, including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Maybe tonight will be better.

4 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 10:29 AM, Blogger Steph said...

If the Life Savors were fruit flavored, that counts as fruit, right?

And ice cream is an excellent source of calcium.

 
At 1/17/2007 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It cracks me up that you have a recipe for "quick" veggie soup in your sidebar and you ate Cheetos and Life Savers for dinner. I have no room to talk though, with Jeff out of town I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner last night.

 
At 1/17/2007 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome and hilarious. You deserve a night off from eating healthy every once in awhile. As long as it doesn't become a regular habit, you're fine.

 
At 1/17/2007 12:54 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Confession: I had ice cream for lunch yesterday. Sadly, I don't even feel that guilty. We're in sorry shape over here.

(THREE rolls of Life Savers? That's a hell of a sugar buzz!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home