Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Well, Shoot

No surprises over here. Still crazy busy. Also, freezing cold. The high temperature here today is in the teens. Perfect weather for staying inside.

Yesterday when Aaron got to work, he only got in ten minutes before the power shut off. They had big ice storms in the town where his office is located and there are thousands without power. I can't imagine having no power to run my furnace in this weather; I'm sure there are a lot of cold people down there.

Anyway, since there was still no power at noon yesterday, and since the office was getting too cold to work in, he was sent home for the rest of the day. We had a lovely afternoon; we went grocery shopping and then Aaron played his new favorite computer game while I baked chocolate chip cookies and deep dish pizza from scratch. Then we settled in to eat all the amazing food (I'm truly loving my new/borrowed America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook) and watch our Monday night shows.

Aaron had to call in this morning to see if the power was still off, because if it was he didn't have to go in today. It might sound horrible for me to say this, but I prayed, hoped, wished, and kept my fingers crossed that the power would still be off, just for his neighborhood which is all industry. He's beyond stressed out lately and he needs a nice long break. I was hoping he didn't have to wait for our vacation in March because things will ease up before then, but it looks like that's the case, because the power was back on when he called. I'll just have to find other ways to relax him, I guess.

On a completely unrelated note, I just got an email that they want me to pose for a picture for our annual report at work since I wrote one of the articles (copied and pasted from the work plan is more like it, but still, I put it together). This really sucks because this is my bloated, sure to get a pimple week. At least I have a brow waxing scheduled for tomorrow night. Thank goodness for that!

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 11:45 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Uh oh, more brow waxing. If you don't post for a few days, we'll know that you're recovering in the burn unit. ;) (Did you ever call that salon to complain? I hope that woman hasn't been allowed near the wax again...)

 
At 1/16/2007 6:44 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Gad you had at least one day of an impromptu vacation...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home