Friday, January 12, 2007

Of Course

Of course I'm coming down with a cold right before the first party we've been invited to on quite some time. I have a sore throat, a ton of sinus pressure and just generally feel like crap. I'm going to soldier on though. I have to. I bought a costume.

It has been decided that I will go as Kirstie Alley's Cheers character Rebecca Howe.

She always seemed like she was dressed a little too pretentiously for the bar, so I bought a long black skirt, black pumps and a purple suit jacket (with huge shoulder pads) from a thrift store last night. I'll also be wearing my pearls, being thankful I'm in need of an eyebrow waxing because they currently fit this character, and wearing purple blush in a line below my cheekbones. I also have to figure out what to do with my hair because it's significantly shorter, but I think I can pull something together.

Despite being sick and feeling crappy, I'm super excited about going out tonight. We've been trying to be less hermit-like and make new friends, and this party is at the house of some new-ish friends. It should be a blast, and I'm taking my camera so I'll have lots of fun shots to share. I just can't believe we're actually leaving the house on a Friday night. That never happens.

8 Comments:

At 1/12/2007 9:39 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I can't even remember the last time we were invited to a costume party. Very sad.

I am loving the purple jacket/purple blush thing! Can't wait to see photos -

 
At 1/12/2007 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my heck! I hope you get a photo of yourself to post. That is great! Can't wait to hear about the party. Pump yourself full of medicine and have a great time!

 
At 1/12/2007 11:19 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

great costume idea. soldier through the party and enjoy!

 
At 1/12/2007 11:25 AM, Blogger Steph said...

That is a great costume idea! I hope you have a ton of fun. :)

 
At 1/12/2007 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL -- I LOVE Cheers and I love Rebecca Howe. The shoulder pads are a must-have if you're going to look like her! LOL! I really want to see pics.

I hope you're feeling better...

 
At 1/12/2007 4:29 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

too funny. I can hardly wait for the photos!

 
At 1/12/2007 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic costume idea! Have a great time tonight -- can't wait to hear all about it!

 
At 1/14/2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I love it! I can't think of her without remembering those HUGE shoulder pads.

I want pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home